Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Joining social groups: what am I doing wrong?

I read both FAQs and have spent scads of time trying to figure this out. Now that I'm on the verge of tears, I'm on bended knee, pleading for help!

I would like to join a couple of social groups and clicked on the titles of the various groups and nothing happened. They're public groups. I've checked the members, the posts, the various components of these social groups, and still, I'm not able to join. I've even figured out how to subscribe to the forums, but the social groups, mg, I feel like I've lost my brain!

Please, someone, help me!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to magwrit1 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Joining social groups: what am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by magwrit1 View Post
    I read both FAQs and have spent scads of time trying to figure this out. Now that I'm on the verge of tears, I'm on bended knee, pleading for help!

I would like to join a couple of social groups and clicked on the titles of the various groups and nothing happened. They're public groups. I've checked the members, the posts, the various components of these social groups, and still, I'm not able to join. I've even figured out how to subscribe to the forums, but the social groups, mg, I feel like I've lost my brain!

Please, someone, help me!
    After you press the title name and it comes up where you can see the posts etc on your screen are you pressing join group? It should be showing in the top right hand corner in the green band above the name of the group. Let me know exactly everything you are doing and seeing and we will see if we can figure out why you are not able to join
    Mdowdy

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

It may also be because you are still being moderated. I don't know for sure that is an issue but I am finding out for you
    Mdowdy

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mdowdy View Post
    After you press the title name and it comes up where you can see the posts etc on your screen are you pressing join group? It should be showing in the top right hand corner in the green band above the name of the group. Let me know exactly everything you are doing and seeing and we will see if we can figure out why you are not able to join
    I can see the posts and so on in the group. There is nothing there that indicates "join group." Your comment about the possibility that I'm still being moderated appears to be the answer, mdowdy. When I click on "quick links" in the bar above, there isn't even an option there. If moderation is the defining difference, perhaps there could be a notice that social groups are off limits till one has posted x number of times. Maybe that's the editor in me, but I spent the better part of five hours exploring yesterday and still never found it. I have some issues with my eyes at times, but this isn't one of them--or rather I don't think it is! lol

I'll appreciate your confirming my suspicion that you're right, that moderation is the reason.

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think the reason you have been experiencing issues joining social groups is because you were still on moderated status. There are various levels of registration based on forum activity. As you post & respond to threads, you are promoted to new levels and new features (such as joining social groups) become available.

great to see you here!

Liss
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can see the posts and so on in the group. There is nothing there that indicates "join group." Your comment about the possibility that I'm still being moderated appears to be the answer, mdowdy. When I click on "quick links" in the bar above, there isn't even an option there. If moderation is the defining difference, perhaps there could be a notice that social groups are off limits till one has posted x number of times. Maybe that's the editor in me, but I spent the better part of five hours exploring yesterday and still never found it. I have some issues with my eyes at times, but this isn't one of them--or rather I don't think it is! lol

I'll appreciate your confirming my suspicion that you're right, that moderation is the reason.
    you are showing six posts at the moment, which means you should be off moderation. Check it again and let us know, if you arent seeing it by going to the social groups tab at the very top of the pages in the green box try going through your user cp also found in the green at the top of the page then uunder networking to social groups and see if it will let you join by going through that way. If you still cant join let us know. If you can post which groups you are trying to join, I may be able to send you an invite. Don't know it will work but I can try. At least now that you are off moderation we should be able to tell if that was the issue or not.
    Mdowdy

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I thought it might be from moderation, Liss. In fact, JoAnn and I had discussed this possibility last night, and then mdowdy and I touched on it again this morning. If it's from moderation, I'm still having an issue.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mdowdy View Post
    you are showing six posts at the moment, which means you should be off moderation. Check it again and let us know, if you arent seeing it by going to the social groups tab at the very top of the pages in the green box try going through your user cp also found in the green at the top of the page then uunder networking to social groups and see if it will let you join by going through that way. If you still cant join let us know. If you can post which groups you are trying to join, I may be able to send you an invite. Don't know it will work but I can try. At least now that you are off moderation we should be able to tell if that was the issue or not.
    lol I thought I was off moderation, but the post I just left for Liss indicates that I'm not. As a result, I'm still not able to join the social groups. I checked through my user cp tab, through networking in various ways (my profile, "quick links," and so on), and still nothing. I know I've posted over 5 times now so I should be off moderation. Apparently the computer has something else to say about it!

Hellooooo, budget101 computer! Remember me???

lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast