still digging' my way out
    Leuven, Belgium

Fire Veggie noodle soup

- 1 bag of precut&washed soup vegetables (usually costs me less than $0,75; contains carrots, leek, oignon and celery)
    - 1 oignon
    - Rice noodles from the local Thai/Chinese-store ($1)
    - 4 bouillon cubes
    - a tiny bit of butter (more or less a teaspoon)

1. Peel and cut the oignon in little pieces, and let it fry in a pot of 5 liter for about 2 minutes in the butter (don't let it burn! the frying can go very quick)
    2. Add 5 tablespoons of water and let the oignon steam for a bit with the lid on the pot
    3. Add the bag of soup vegetables
    4. Add two cups of water and let it steam for a few minutes (this sets the aroma's of the vegetables free) with the lid on the pot
    5. Add water and the noodles up to a few centimeters under the edge of the pot
    6. Add the bouillon cubes and let it cook untill the noodles are done

This makes a nice chinese-like noodle meal for about two people! It is technically a soup, but I use it as main course because I add a lot of noodles (which fills the stomach). I use chinese chop sticks to eat it and put it in a little bowl like chinese people do, which makes it a special meal for very little money

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ulrike For This Useful Post:

N. Ohio
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Veggie noodle soup

Sounds really good right now. I'll have to give this recipe to DS, Thank-You.
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"