Awful Carrabba's coupon experience

Awful Carrabba's coupon experience

Last night my hubby and I went to Carrabba's. We go quite often. I brought an Amici Club coupon for a free calamari appetizer, which I received by e-mail. I explained to the waiter that the coupon was identical to another one that I had received by e-mail, and that I was worried that the second

awful, bad, bee, call, calls, carrabba, corporate, coupon, don, experience, fact, friends, mouth, nei, phone, places, response, service, turn, word, waiter, situation, told, young, make, check, manager, hubby, carrabbas, embarrassing, calamari, back, leave, letting, asked, appetizer, received, e-mail, explained, work, mistake, felt, unprofessional, fight, humiliating, criminals, night, avoided, brought, amici

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Awful Carrabba's coupon experience

Last night my hubby and I went to Carrabba's. We go quite often. I brought an Amici Club coupon for a free calamari appetizer, which I received by e-mail. I explained to the waiter that the coupon was identical to another one that I had received by e-mail, and that I was worried that the second coupon could have been re-sent by mistake. I asked the waiter to check the coupon for me first, before going ahead and ordering the appetizer. I wanted to make sure it would work. He glanced at it for half a second and said that he sees a code on there and that it will work. He told me to hold onto it until the check comes.

After we finished eating dinner, he said he'd take the coupon now. He came back after a few minutes and he rudely said, "You already used this coupon. You can't use this. You already used it!" I got SO angry! I re-explained the situation to him and told him that it was his fault. I never would have gotten the calamari if the coupon were no good! And he argued with me! A very young manager ended up coming over and she was rude as well. I didn't like how she enunciated certain words to make me feel like I did something wrong. Instead of cheerfully saying something like, "No problem," she said, "Yes, this coupon was DEFINITELY a mistake. If you EVER receive a coupon like this AGAIN, make SURE to have the waitstaff come get me so that I can approve this FIRST. I'll let you have it THIS time..." The only reason she let me use it is that I really had to exhaustively explain it to her, after I had already explained it to the waiter. Just the act of having to do so much explaining was embarrassing to me.

My hubby and I were livid. That young punk waiter put me in a very embarrassing, humiliating situation where I had to fight for my calamari. We felt like criminals. Of course, the waiter avoided us after that, but I didn't want to leave before letting him know what we had to go through with the manager. I told him that he put us in an embarrasing situation, and he said I put myself in an embarrassing situation. I told him that I had asked him to check out the coupon beforehand in order to avoid such a situation and he said that it's not his responsibility to manage such things. While the waiter and I were arguing back and forth, the young manager came over again and said, "You need to leave now."

We immediately left and as soon as we got home my hubby wrote a letter to Carrabba's, letting them know that we'll never go there again.

It's such a shame. All these corporate headquarters of chain restaurants really have no idea how young and unprofessional their staff can be!

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to lisa196622193 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Awful Carrabba's coupon experience

What a horrible experience. I feel so bad for you. I hope today is a much better day

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is nothing worse then bad customer service. The economy is in the toilet and people still act like they don't need or want your patronage. I really hope you did not tip the waiter.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for listening!

Can you believe that we did tip the waiter -- I'll bet he was SO surprised when he noticed that we left a full tip!! He did wait on us for a full hour (many trips back and forth, i.e., rounds of drinks, bread, water, meals, other little requests, etc.) so we always leave a tip for all that work even when we're ticked off about something and feel the need to speak up. When I'm ticked off I sure do speak up about it but I don't withhold money. Maybe I should, but we just haven't done that yet. I hope the young punk felt ashamed when he noticed how much money we left him for his work, after he decided to give me lip.

I unsubscribed from Carrabba's mailing list.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wouldn't have left a tip. Even though he did work for others, he didn't for you. He gave you a hard time and then he (sounds to me) lied to his boss to cover his own butt. I wouldn't have left anything for him. As a sign to let him know that he was a horriable waiter for doing what he did. You leaving the tip like you did, I'm sure he felt that he won that battle. People are just that way, it's sad but true.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You should really call the corporate office & inform them of this situation. They need to know when their customers are treated so awfully!!! If I were you, I would also call the local Carrabas and ask to speak to a different manager. I would inform them of the situation & let them know that I am calling the corporate office to inform them. They need to know how horrible their employees were. You are right! In this economic timethey can't afford to treat people that way. I had a similar experience with a manager at a Kmart (although it wasn't NEARLY as bad as what you described!) I called & spoke with the manager & told him how I was treated & explained that in these tough times I could just take my business to another competing store. He was so apologetic. He said he did not want to lose me as a customer. He even gave me a $20 giftcard! I'm not saying you do it for the free gift card. (You may still never set foot in there again no matter what they offer you.) But they need to know. Someone need to do something about those 2 employees.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, I told my husband what happened to you. He said he believes all the Carrabas have the name of the owner/ proprietor on the door. Hubbie said you should aske to speak with him/her. You may even be able to look up a contact number (office number) for him online. Hubbie says he needs to know what kind of people are working for him.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's a good point that he probably lied to the manager to cover his own butt. No wonder I had to exhaustively explain myself to her -- he hadn't admitted the truth. Now I'm ticked off again!

Well, my hubby did go to www.carrabbas.com and wrote them a long, detailed letter. I'm sure he had to provide contact information. Haven't heard anything back.

All I can do is hope that karma gets those two. Liars won't ever get into any trouble. We're afraid to set foot in there again anyway. I'm afraid of being disrespected and abused again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast