shelf life of products???????

does anyone have a guide line for the shelflife of shampoos and conditioners lotions toothpaste deodorants body washes laundry detergents, softners windex

check, date, expiration, hem, life, long, loss, mon, months, plastic, produc, products, shelf, shelf life, storage, store, term, today, water, years, lysol, deodorants, told, inventory, stuff, outlive, point, bargain, free, buying, real, thrill, cheap, stop, overdue, laundry, washes, body, toothpaste, detergents, softners, purpose, windex, lotions, conditioners, guide, line, shampoos, shelflife, cleaners

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default shelf life of products???????

does anyone have a guide line for the shelflife of

shampoos and conditioners
    lotions
    toothpaste
    deodorants
    body washes

laundry detergents, softners
    windex
    all purpose cleaners like lysol, 409, mean green
    lysol wipes

scrubbing bubbles

I've been doing lots of stockpiling but don't want to overdue it only to have the product go bad. DH just told me my deodorants will outlive me. (I have 10 of them now)
    I may need to take some inventory on stuff and stop buying unless it's FREE or REAL CHEAP.
    It's just such a thrill to get a bargain, but there does come a point when you have to say enough is enough. BUT HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH???????
    Niddi

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: shelf life of products???????

I might be wrong but I would think these things would last forever. I know when I managed a conveince store we never had to check the dates on these things.
    Mdowdy

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

No expiration date on them......no expiration.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I never heard of any of these having an expiration date and sure wouldn't worry about it. but we do put the date on everything that comes into the house (month/year) so we can try to use oldest first. we also check these things once a month in case of leakage. But to the best of my knowledge they last pretty well forever!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Niddi,
    If you have stocked piled many items & your panty is full -- why not start looking for items that a local shelter or senior center could use... (these place love to get samples)..I have taken a couple of bags to the senior center near me, this year. And the senior center also works with the local shelter here. .
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know if bottle water has a shelf life. I know it sound dumb, but I have had some for about 2 years and never opened. I want to make sure it's OK

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by runabout57 View Post
    Does anyone know if bottle water has a shelf life. I know it sound dumb, but I have had some for about 2 years and never opened. I want to make sure it's OK
    I found several cases of gallon water jugs we had never opened last year and they were over 7 years old and were just fine. As long as the seal hasn't been broken you should be fine! We also store 55 gallon drums of water for emergencies and we change it out twice a year. I use it to water my garden in the summer and we use it to water livestock in the winter. We just use tap water with a tablespoon of bleach. This does go flat so we change it out regularly.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Water will go stale by the loss of absorbed air. Plastic containers today are not the same as years ago and are not designed for long-term storage so I would check and replenish every 6 months or so. Long-Term I store in glass containers.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast