Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face catch a movie at home

This what we do. We have date night once a week. after the little one goes to bed we pick a movie sometimes on the free movie list other times just on tv or we watch one on payperview every once in awhile (since its cheaper than the movies) we fix popcorn, bundle up on the couch and watch the movie and eat popcorn. its simple, cheap and gives us time we need together and we dont have to pay a babysitter!
    Mdowdy

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mdowdy For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: catch a movie at home

We do that too! Also on Sunday's when the weather is nice enough. After dinner we leave the kids to clean up and go for a walk on our property. We can wander around for a couple hours-- great time to discuss our week alone and make plans and discuss the kids if needed. last night we talked about how we really need about 3 more park benches scattered around for our strolls and so we can have more places to rest and chat. Our land is very hilly! We spend a lot of time together as a family but sure need these special times a lone!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

We do the date night too.... We go to the red box and rent a movie for $1.00 and if you do it on mondays you can sign up and they will send you a code to get a free movie every monday. Since we have teenage boys here... We will go get a few snacks out of the frig and camp out in our bedroom and watch a movie for a little quiet time. Its so nice to have a down time. Since the kids are so old we are able to do it early and spend several hours alone.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Every Saturday night we watch the new movie on HBO, have a couple beers, play crazy 8's and make ourselves a steak dinner. Even though Mikes kids have moved out, this is really the only night that we can do anything together. He works nights and Friday nights he spends the night with the kids and is in bed by 9:30pm (too catch up on his sleep), then back to work Sunday night. So Saturday night is my favorite time of the week .

We do not go out for movies or dinner (maybe eat out once a year).
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amen to staying home We live out in the country so driving in to see a movie starts with a 35+ mile treck to town - then 4-6 of us paying for a movie, not to mention "snacks". It would cost well over $100 by the time it was all over - NO THANKS. I bet this has been posted already but, Im going to share again lol
    NETFLIX ! I so wish I had thought of this idea! For $14.99 a month, I select 2 movies - watch them, return them and they send the next 2 on my list. The turn around time is INCREDIBLE - mail movies on Monday and have 2 new movies on Wed! The BEST part about Netflix - NO LATE FEE !!! I can keep the movies a day or a month, it mattes not. I highly recommend Netflix if you like to watch movies - so worth the money. With 4 kids, we can watch quite a few movies and now have the luxary of choosing them to suit our tastes and our schedule - besides, $14.99 wont get TWO of us into a movie LOL
    Just my opinion but I thik Netflix is the "Cats Meow"
    And all ya do is go on line to sign up - does not get any eaiser
    ENJOY !!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

We built a home theater in our basement. We have a projector hooked up to our DVD player and a movie screen to shine it on. We only use it once a week or so. We like to order in Imax movies along with a regular movie to watch together on it. Right now we are finishing the basement so our little theater is unusable. We might wait until DH gets back next summer to use it. We'll have it all painted and the carpet laid and all put back together. We love using netflix to get tons of movies to watch. We get 6 to 8 each week and gives our family a special night now and then. We have no regular TV unless we get satellite back and none of us ever want it back. We'll stay out here in the boon docks and enjoy our peace and quiet and life's little joys!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love this concept. No babysitter, no expensive movie costs, and time alone! You could also pick up a show that you guys can watch together religiously. Then you are sure to have this date night every week, and it is fun to get into a show together and discuss it - as if a sitcom actually has anything to do with your lives