Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Been around for a while

I just wanted everyone to know that I have used this site for a few years now and it has been a key to being able to keep a grocery budget in an extremely low amount. I work 2 jobs while being a single parent to a child active in a couple of sports at the high school (one sport being swimming-try feeding a growing boy that swims about 8-10/week on less that $100 at one point in our very recent life). I rarely receive financial help, so it's all up to me to get the logistics figured out.

I've taken so much from this site and replaced so many of my expenses for quick conveniences for a little more effort & well laid plans.

I appreciate everything that has been posted and this site has touched so many people on so many levels in mine & my son's life...even if they didn't realize that budget101 exists. I also want to gloat a tiny bit. when I first started using this site for advice & how-to's and such, i had many friends that thought I was nuts and I constantly heard "oh I don't have time for that", or "you can't really save taht much making it yourself". Well folks, the recent economic "turndown" has shifted a few many friends way of thinking.

I also want to say that I really think this site helped me find a good guy to add to my family (or he is adding us-either works). For all you single ladies out there (well guys too); you'll be surprised at how much the opposite sex will be impressed with their first entirely home cooked, completely made from scratch meal. It use to be a dying art that is making it's way back with the help of a wonderful site like this one. I grew up on a self sufficient 80 acre farm in the 80's-this site really helped bring me back to my roots. Thanks

Thanks to all who contribute!

Sincerely,

Not going to be a single parent for much longer in Smyrna, TN

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bobau0605 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Been around for a while

Hello from Canada....Good Luck!!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for posting, it is such a great site and we all get so much out of it, sometimes it's nice to thank all the people who work so hard to keep this site going and make it even better all the time.

Thanks ya'll--- we love it here

P.S. Congratulations -- wishing you much happiness
    Niddi

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

So glad that you decided to post.
    Looking forward to your future postings. This one really caught my eye.
    Not going to be a single parent for much longer in Smyrna, TN
    And Congratulations to You and Yours !!
    When is the big date ?
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am a newbie, but can really appreciate your post!! I am also a single mother working 2 jobs - hopefully I can benefit from this site too!

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the site. Scratch cooking is fun, healthy and such a great flavor for everyone. Hope you enjoy your time on the site.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

welcome to the family hun!!
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome, we are glad you have joined us and have found the information so useful
    Mdowdy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast