Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Chicken Cacciatore with Polenta
03-18-2009, 09:48 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Chicken Cacciatore with Polenta
1 1/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, visible fat trimmed, each cut in thirds
1/8 tsp each salt and pepper
1 Tbsp oil
1 large onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can (141/2 oz) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
21/2 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Garnish: chopped parsley
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile heat oil in large nonstick?skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cover and, turning once, cook 6 to 7 minutes until golden and almost cooked through. While chicken cooks, slice onion. Remove chicken to a plate.
3. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until golden. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add tomatoes, olives and chicken, stirring to scrape up brown bits on bottom of pan. Cover and cook 4 minutes or until chicken is done.
4. Meanwhile prepare Polenta: Place water and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Whisk in cornmeal, cover and microwave, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken. Stir in cheese.
5. Spoon polenta onto plates. Top with chicken and sauce; sprinkle with parsley.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: