Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire Forum & Blog Rules

You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages. You cannot represent anyone other than yourself.

1. Use Prime Time Language- Our site is Family Friendly, Foul & inappropriate (aka nasty) language is removed as soon as we find it, and folks who post bad language can be banned from the site. If you run across them first, report it ASAP to the web address above and it will be investigated ASAP. Guideline to remember, If it would be bleeped on Prime Time local tv, (NOT CABLE) then, don't say it; If it WOULDN'T be Bleeped out, then please DON'T Report it.

2. No threatening, abusive or harassing comments. Be kind to others. Please don't forget that you are talking to living feeling human beings on these boards! The internet can be dehumanizing and you may be tempted to say things on the board that you would never say to someone's face.

3. No slanderous or libelous posts - Knowingly making false claims about a company, organization or an individual are prohibited.

4. While we encourage lively debate, we will not tolerate personal attacks. Any person attacking another visitor will receive a warning and have their message removed. Any future incident thereafter will result in that member being removed from the forum. Harassing, offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or bashing communications - including those aimed at sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, national origin, or disability will absolutely not be tolerated.

5. Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight." We consider these posters as TROLLS & they are treated as such. To that end, posters who are overly negative and/or who actively seek to cause trouble will be given considerably less leeway when it comes to these rules.

6. No advertising or product marketing
    - No commercial ads allowed. An advertisement is categorized as an outright attempt to solicit business. Any such posts may be removed, the user will be banned.

7. Linking - Links to personal or business webpages is not permitted in the forums or blogs, except in your user profile. Links to competitor sites that offer similar content are not permitted. Links to external sites is not permitted in signature lines at all, unless prepaid.

• Referral Posts are permitted Only in the Referrals Forum.

The posting of copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected material is strictly prohibited. If you are going to post a reference article from a copyrighted online source, please limit it to just a few lines, followed by a link to the source.

If you're attempting to share a recipe, please put the recipe in your Own words. While Budget101.com has been online for nearly 15 years, many sites come and go, linking often results in broken links/missing data that we have no control over. To avoid this issue and to also prevent both sites from being penalized by search engines for link farming practices, linking is not permitted.

8. No spamming - Do not post the same message repeatedly

9. Keep ALL Religious/Political Comments/Posts in the Gloves are OFF Anything Goes Forum.

10. You participate at your own risk on this message board. You take responsibility for postings under your username and use the information provided here at your own risk.

11. Your IP address is logged when you use the message board. If your messages are deemed harmful, your account, E-mail address, and IP address can be banned from entering the site again. We reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. We reserve the right to remove your access to the forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Please Read Board Rules Before Posting

I don't want to mention the forum by name, but there is another budgeting/frugal forum where I have been attacked . It does no good to put the poster on Ignore or to report it to the moderator. Other people were attacked on this site (the one I didn't mention by name) and they have left it.

You have no idea how nice it is to be able to post in a place where you aren't going to be attacked by other posters ! Thank you so very much for trying to keep things nice here. I truly do appreciate it.

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Needlepoint142 For This Useful Post:

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the Boards Needlepoint, if at any time you have issues on these boards, I can assure you our Mod's will respond!

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have a question I wanted to ask before posting the info....I have a book that has some really great recipes for flavored oils, seasoning, all kinds of edible and non-edible goodies that I think a lot of people would be interested in. Is it Ok for me to put this recipes on the boards? Thanks.

Michelle

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mmclean11 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the rules! It really makes this forum a fun and safe place to hang out! I really appreciate how kind everyone is!

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do my posts have to be moderated?

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Janice Terrell For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Terrell View Post
    Why do my posts have to be moderated?
    All new members are moderated for a few posts for spam prevention:

http://www.budget101.com/rules-regs-...istration.html

The more posts a member has, the more features they have access too.

~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh my goodness! i was on another forum, similar to this one, and all of the people were so harsh! if there was a copy post, like someone reposted a freebie, so many names were called! i couldn't believe it! all of the screen names were like "mommyof5" "mamaof2" "momx2".. granted i know most people do let certain words slip, but it seemed like every other word something that their moms would blush about.. goodness.. some people! i'm telling you..
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KawaiiGiggle For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast