Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default another bad Wal Mart experience

I have in the past had some bad experiences at Wal Mart trying to use coupons. If it doesn't scan in their register they won't take it. Some binkies I've picked from the boxes at other stores have been refused even though they aren't store specific and are manufacturers Q's. When I complained to the store manager last time I was told to ask for a salaried member of management if I ran into a problem with Q's.

Today I tried to use two coupons on two products. One was a $2 MQ on a Glade Scented Oil holder, the other was a MQ buy one holder get one free.
    I was accused of trying to double coupon them.

My coupon was for $2/1 so I though I could use it to buy my first product and then use the other coupon to get the second one free. Management did not agree with me and said I could use one or the other but not both. Even after I tried to explain that I was purchasing one (just using the coupon to reduce the price) and that my other coupon states that if I purchase one I could get one free. They kept reading me the highlighted rules and told me I was wrong and trying to double coupon them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b101-bad-wally-sm.jpg 
Views:	2308 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	11950

Since I was already dealing with management I got totally frustrated and ended up telling her I would just make my purchase elsewhere.

I shop Walmartfor items I can't get cheaper at other stores but I hate using Q's there, such a hassle.

I'd like the opinion of some of you more experiences couponers on this site.

Was I wrong in the way I was trying to use my Q's? I try to be very careful about the product, size and etc. when using Q's and don't intentionally use them incorrectly. Just thought I was right on this one and can't understand why it was considered double couponing.

Can Stock Photo Inc. / YuriV
    Niddi

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: another bad Wal Mart experience

I buy so very little any more at Walmart. forget using coupons there . I just have a set list of things I get there. the folks at my local Walmart are very nice and that helps but Headquarters has taken so much control. by golly local Walmart's can't even turn on their own lights or heat! We had a severe storm pass over last year that went on for over 2 hours and it was pitch black in the store and it took Bentonville 70 minutes to turn on the lights! I hope they know they are in process of putting themselves out of business! We use to spend over $200 a week there and now we never spend over $50 for the whole month!

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hope they know they are in process of putting themselves out of business!
    I hate to say this cause shopping at Wal-Mart isn't a great experience for me either but I highly doubt Wal-Mart is going anywhere. Especially if you live in somewhat of a small town/city and the best place is Wal-Mart for prices. I try to avoid Wal-Mart for the most part since I shop for groceries at our local commissary or I check the sales flyers for other local grocery stores. Trying to use coupons at Wal-Mart is totally out of the question cause I always get hassled even when I know I'm using them correctly.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would love to see them go out of business.
    gizzymo

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

mmclean11,
    I buy all our food at the commissary! their stuff is a much higher quality and not even Walmart can touch the prices we get there! But of course I live way out in the country and our Walmart has very little competition! Our local manager lets us know if we have a problem to write the company. Ours didn't carry older car parts just newer model parts so after she told us she wasn't allowed to have them in our local store over 5000 people wrote Walmart protesting as most folks in our very rural area drive 10 year old or older cars! We now have older model car parts. The manager can't get what they know they need but we the people do at least have a voice if we can band together and make it heard! But I'm far from the only one who takes my business elsewhere. Sooner or later their practices are going to catch up with them. I only shop once a month and drive the 90 miles to go shop where I can get the best prices. I mostly go to Walmart to buy fabric, bleach for my water system (uses 10 gallons a month) and occasionally a gallon of milk if I miss getting it from my Amish neighbor and run out of what I have frozen.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have to say that this doesn't surprise me !!! WALMART makes me sick. I wish so badly that they could get a taste of there own medicine but just like MMCLEAN11 said I highly doubt that they are going anywhere. I think that you were trying to use the coupons coreectly and were not trying to do anything wrong. The manager there was just stupid !!!!!
    Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD. Psalm 127:3
    There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
    Exodus 23:26

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used to shop at Wal-Mart for almost EVERYTHING, including groceries, but when it got to the point where I really wanted to pay off bills and cut down on spending, I started going to our commissary. I don't like the fact that it's somewhat of a small one but it meets our basic needs for food. Now, if I want something our commissary doesn't carry I remember I have to go to Wal-Mart and I ask myself if I REALLY want to go there. The answer is almost always NO!....lol

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unfortunately, the managers at WM were not wrong this time. You can't use a cents off coupon & a BOGO coupon together. I know, it seems illogical, but usually in the coupon it will say something about it. Also, the coupons usually state that you cannot use 2 coupons on the same item. Since, technically, the BOGO coupon is considered to be used on both products, you then can't use another coupon with it. Sorry that you're having such frustration at WM. I hardly shop there anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast