Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Bunny Buddy
03-17-2009, 04:12 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
1/3 yard of white fleece or felt, 54 to 60 inches wide
White craft glue
2 wire coat hangers and wire cutters
Sheet of pink felt
3 yards of white string or yarn
3/8-inch dowel, 3 feet long
White pipe cleaners
White turtle-neck (we used a child?s size 7/8)
2 pairs of white tube socks
Overalls (ours are kids? size 7)
Old straw hat
Time needed: Afternoon or Evening
1. To make the head and ears, fold the white fleece or felt in half, short ends together and right side in with the fold at the top. Trim the top 12 inches into ear shapes
2. Unfold the fleece and run a thick line of glue up the sides of the head and around the edges of the ears (leave the bottom edge unglued).
3. Fold the top layer back down and press firmly around the glue line. When dry, turn the head right side out.
4. Shape each coat hanger into a pointed loop (B) about 12 inches long. Trim off excess wire with wire cutters (a parent?s job).
5. Insert the wire loops into the ears.
6. Cut 2 pieces of pink felt just smaller than the ears and glue in place. Let dry.
7. Gather each ear at the base and tie it with a length of string or yarn.
8. Put the dowel inside the head, then fill the top half of the head with polyester stuffing (the bottom half will be his neck).
9. Gather the fleece at the neck and tie it with string (C).
10. Decorate the face as desired. Glue on felt cheeks, pipe cleaner whiskers, a felt nose and mouth, and button eyes.
11. Stick the dowel and neck fabric down inside the neck of the white turtleneck. Tie a length of string around the turtleneck to secure.
12. Stuff the arms and body of the turtleneck and the tights. Tuck the turtleneck into the tights and tie in place with string. Fill the tube socks with stuffing and place one pair over the cuffs of the turtleneck. Insert the feet of the tights into the second pair of socks. Now slip the whole ensemble into the overalls.
13. Cut two holes in the crown of the hat and stick the ears up through them. Sit your bunny in a chair, tying him in place with string if necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: