Do you get tons of Free Mags because of Budget101?- Chatter

Do you have a messload of subscriptions each month because of the free Magazines you've found on Budget101? Here's what I do with my Magazines.... Once I have read the magazine, I place a 2x4 Sticker over the Label (that contains my name/addy) and I drop them off at the following places:

bee, budget, budget101, color, day, family, fit, fitness, foods, free, free mags, good, housekeeping, kraft, mags, mother, size, tons, womans day, working, magazines, books, fashion, magazine, offices, prevention, childrens, expensive, print/send, supplies, show, http://www.budget101.com/images/mag2.jpg, salons-, great, haircuts, limited, http://www.budget101.com/images/mag1.jpg, username, stewart, member, request, compliments, stickers, coloring, need/want, intend, budget101.com, promote, chiropractors, sticker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire Do you get tons of Free Mags because of Budget101?

Do you have a messload of subscriptions each month because of the free Magazines you've found on Budget101?

Here's what I do with my Magazines.... Once I have read the magazine, I place a 2x4 Sticker over the Label (that contains my name/addy) and I drop them off at the following places:

Waiting rooms in:
    • Car Dealerships- sportsman mags, field & stream, family magazines,etc
    • Doctor/Pediatricians Offices - family mags like good housekeeping, fitness, prevention, etc
    • Chiropractors Offices- family mags like good housekeeping, fitness, prevention, etc
    • Lawyers Offices - family mags, decor magazine, fashion magazines, etc.
    • Laundromats - any kind of magazine, children's books
    • Nursing Homes/ Senior Centers - Gardening mags, Good Housekeeping, fashion, elle, martha stewart, etc
    • Salons- Fashion magazines, they often show off great haircuts!

I also do this when I come across children's books or coloring books that I don't need/want.

If you would like to help promote Budget101.com and would like 2x4 stickers with "Compliments of Member {your username here} , please let us know. (Please only request these if you really intend to use them, as they are rather expensive to print/send; supplies limited.

~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Do you get tons of Free Mags because of Budget101?

This is a great idea Liss. I also like taking them to the Senior Centers, hospitals, hair salon and fitness centers.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I usually just leave them to rot, but I like your ideas better, I get Nickelodeon magazine so if I dropped it off somewhere I'm sure some bored kid waiting for their parents to hurry up would love to read it.

Domestic Goddess
    Downloads
    Uploads

I give my magazines to a local woman, who sends them to the troops in Afghanistan.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Liss, This is a wonderful idea. Recycle / Advertising. I take my magazines to my Chiropractor/Massage Therapist--the girls & other patients really enjoy them. My niece will ask me if I have any magazines that she can take to the salon that she works at..My sister in law also takes books & magazines that the family doesn't use any more, to the nursings home.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been afraid to order the free magazines figuring I would get stuck with a bill in the end and then have a hassle on my hands.
    Niddi

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

i take them to work at the nursing home for the seniors and their families to use and enjoy;

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I live in an apartment complex, have started a magazine rack, I order all thinking SOMEONE will enjoy. After 1 month, Mike brings them to work!

I have only received a couple of bills (normally from the higher end magazines). Just write CANCEL on the bill, never any further issues.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess I could order some AD labels, probally save me some time from scratching off my personal info.

Hard to believe $1.75 per page (all shipping), why not format a label for others to use and print from home. Maybe set a limit (points, # of posts, date joined, ........)

I have no problem putting a AD label over my personal info, I think it is a great idea. I love the site and try to tell everyone about it.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Niddi View Post
    I've been afraid to order the free magazines figuring I would get stuck with a bill in the end and then have a hassle on my hands.
    Niddi, I currently receive 19 free magazines (as you can see from my photos above) and I've only ever been billed 1x. Sometimes they will send a renewal notice which can look like a bill, but I always write "Cancel" across the front and send it back.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have a "library" at the development where I live and it's great. We have hard cover books, paperback books, magazines, puzzles and games that are all donated by residents. It's a honor system and works great in the 5 years I've been here. We have a retired librarian who volunteers her time to keep things in order when they get messed up.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Do you get tons of Free Mags because of Budget101?

Quote Originally Posted by shauna View Post
    We have a "library" at the development where I live and it's great. We have hard cover books, paperback books, magazines, puzzles and games that are all donated by residents. It's a honor system and works great in the 5 years I've been here. We have a retired librarian who volunteers her time to keep things in order when they get messed up.
    That is a great idea, wish I lived in a complex that was big enough to do something like that (only 6 apartments ~ not much variety). I have been hearing alot news/articals because of the economy that people shoul/could have community/neighborhood outdoor/hand tools. Why buy your own when you will only use it 10% of the time, share with your neighbors (or even rent it out for a small charge).

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I save the magazine and every few months or so break them out and have a vision board session with friends and others who could use one. If you have seen the movie "The Secret" then you know the concept. Basically look thru mags and cut out words and pictures of things you envision having in your life. When you look at this board you think of those things and how are you going to acquire them in your subconsciousness. Go ahead and do yourself a favor and watch the movie.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lokilove View Post
    If you have seen the movie "The Secret" then you know the concept. <snip> Go ahead and do yourself a favor and watch the movie.
    I went and watched the trailer, but based on the movie reviews I couldn't bring myself to spend the $5 to watch it online or the $45 to order it.

Here are the reviews, The Secret (2006) (V) - IMDb user comments Use caution, most of them are extremely venomous, passionate reviews Against the film.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I give a lot of my magazines to friends with small children. Once they are old enough for supervised scissor-time, they can make all sorts of themed artwork.

My son liked to make collages with the cut outs - one whole page filled with every boat picture that he could find.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast