Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: MYO lotion
03-12-2009, 08:59 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- Blog Entries
1. Select containers with colored caps that remind you of the scent you made. Wal-Mart carries empty Pet Bottle with different colored caps in their beauty and travel section.
2. Heat up 3/4 Cup of Oil of Your Choice in the microwave with 2 teaspoons of Steric Acid, 1 teaspoon of liquid glycerin, and 1 teaspoon of Emulsifying Wax until melted. In a separate plastic bowl with a pour mouth preferably, heat up 1/2 cup of water of your choice (such as rainwater) in the microwave with a 1/2 teaspoon of Borax (the Mule Team stuff) until boiling hot.
3. Use the same plastic pour mouth bowl you boiled the water in and slowly whip in the oil mixture with a hand blender. Keep mixing until fairly cool. At this time, you can add vitamin E oil, a little color, fragrance, whatever you consider great stuff!
4. When the lotion seems well mixed, funnel it into pretty plastic lotion bottles. If you are going to take longer than a month to use this, add a touch of Germaben II to body products; they will tend to form black little microbes after a few months. Vitamin E is a natural preservative and may help.
* When the lotion starts to bubble in the microwave, it's ready.
* 3/4 cup of the most expensive oils cannot be more than $2. This recipe makes 12 ounces.
* Once you get the chemistry down, the interplay is wide open. You can use green tea instead of water or rainwater, or water infused with whatever herb you like. On the oil side, you can soak the oils in elements such as we do with bee pollen, strain and then use for the oil part. The possibilities are endless and these variations also apply to Cremes below. For those with Eczema or Psoriasis, adding 10% of pine tar at the mixing stage may help them tremendously. In that case, use Castor oil. You can offset the smell of pine tar with cinnamon or nutmeg.
* Always be careful with hot liquid, burned skin is never fun.
* One never knows what you're allegic to, always test before covering your whole body.
* Never put metal in the microwave.
* Cinnamon can be irritating to skin; it is not recommended to use cinnamon essential oil or powdered cinnamon in anything that will be directly applied and left on skin.
Things You'll Need
* 3/4 Cup of Oil of Your Choice
* 2 teaspoons of Steric Acid
* 1 teaspoon of Emulsifying Wax
* 1 teaspoon of liquid glycerin
* 1/2 cup of water of your choice (such as rainwater)
* 1/2 teaspoon of Borax (the Mule Team stuff)
* scented essential oil
* 1 teaspoon Germaben II (preservative)
* 2 teaspoons vitamin E (preservative, moisterizer, healer, good skin food)
i have no made this yet, but my mother's friend gave her this in email. so i am passing it on. enjoy!Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM #2
Re: MYO lotion
Sounds interesting, let us know how it turns out if you make it.Niddi