Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Ducky Desserts
03-07-2009, 07:51 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Make a splash on a rainy day by scooping up a flock of these ice-cream ducklings adapted from The Children's Party Handbook (Barron's). They're delicious, fun to make and take no time at all. Just follow these five easy steps:
Ice cream, flavor of your choice
Chocolate chips or raisins
Orange gumdrop, flattened
Fruit leather or dried apricots
1. First spread out a paper cupcake liner and set it on a small plate or in a bowl.
2. For the body, place a large scoop of vanilla ice cream or lemon sherbet on top of the liner.
3. Create a neck by topping the body with a spoonful of ice cream and use the bowl of the spoon to flatten it slightly. Place a small scoop of ice cream on the neck for the head. Press on chocolate chips or raisins for eyes.
4. For a beak, flatten an orange gumdrop and cut it into two pieces. Or you can simply insert a shelled peanut into the ice cream.
5. Finally, make webbed feet with pieces of fruit leather or dried apricots.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: