tip for gorgeous skin that you can make!!

Lemon juice. Added to water, this makes a great facial toner. Orange slices. Just rub a slice of orange on your face, Irons says. It revives dull skin -- the acid, the vitamin C! Vegetable shortening. This is great for eczema, Irons says. "Hospitals call it Cream C, for Crisco," she says.

body, brush, buy, call, conditioner, cream, face, hat, honey, minutes, mix, money, problem, rinse, secret, skin, toner, vitamin, vitamin c, water, MYO, great, irons, lemon, apply, juice, neck, wrap, whites, grounds, make, orange, coffee, loofah, plastic, pimple, takes, areas, thigh, rear, full-octane, cellulite, veggie, swelling, freshener, remember, superstar, ultra, violet, beet

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Star tip for gorgeous skin that you can make!!

Lemon juice. Added to water, this makes a great facial toner.

Orange slices. Just rub a slice of orange on your face, Irons says. It revives dull skin -- the acid, the vitamin C!

Vegetable shortening. This is great for eczema, Irons says. "Hospitals call it Cream C, for Crisco," she says. Heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds, then slather it on.

Egg whites. For an instant facelift, dab egg whites over your face, sit stock still until it dries, then apply makeup. Sort of a poor woman's Botox!

Avocado. Mash one up, mix in a little lemon juice, and apply to face and neck and let it dry. A great neck firmer!!

Rice flour. This is an "old-timey" secret, Irons whispers. Put some in a compact -- it's "the best face powder money can buy."

Pumpkin. Yup, out of the can, hold the sugar and cinnamon. It's a great conditioner for the face or whole body.

Parsley flakes. Put a few spoons in an ice cube tray section, add water, and freeze. Rub it on a pimple and it takes down swelling in a few minutes.

Coffee grounds. Actually, these are for the whole body, especially problem "rear" and thigh areas. Rub the grounds into your cellulite with a veggie brush. "Better than any loofah," says Irons. Then wrap with plastic wrap and sit for 15 minutes. Make sure you use full-octane coffee -- no decaf.

Eggs, honey, lemon juice. This is a mask for rough skin, not dry. Combine one egg, one tablespoon of honey, and a half teaspoon of lemon juice, apply with your fingers and leave it on 20-30 minutes, then rinse and apply freshener.

Beets. Had to include this one from Warhol superstar Ultra Violet (remember her?). She used to cut the top off a beet and carry it in her purse as a lip stain. Bet that drew some stares in restaurants!
    Last edited by faxonfive; 03-10-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: tip for gorgeous skin that you can make!!

Irons says
    Am I reading something wrong ? Who is Irons.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

*any type* also if you take strawberries and mash them up and add a lil bit of honey in them and put them on your face and leave it on for 10-20 minutes. it will make your face glow and feel amazing!

*any type* here's one that my friends laugh at me for doing.. take baking soda and mix it with a face soap, liquid hand soap works also, and make a paste. scrub your face and it will exfoliate your face without being harsh. *as long as the soap isn't harsh that is*

*oily skin* take a lemon and cut it in half and scoop a little bit of pulp out, enough to fit an egg yolk in it, and let it set in your fridge overnight, and place it on your face and let it dry.. it will soak up all of the oil and be sure to wash your face afterwards.. you will smell like egg if you don't. but it works amazingly. i use that one once a week.
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry for double posting, i know it's a sin in the forum world *LOL!!!* but if anyone would like anymore i'll email them to you.
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry