still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Lets compare! how much do you save on coupons

Last time I went grocery shopping, I used a lot of the tips I learned here as well as a well organized coupon stash I have collected from friends and family. I hit my local Copps store on Wednesday (double coupon day for coupons up to $1.00) and shopped their loss leaders and major sales going by the meal plan for the week. Im feeding a family of 12 so I had a LOT to buy because I only shop every other week or so. (payday week LOL) so heres the rundown

free items
    Kashi meal (coupon)
    BBQ sauce (free after double coupon)
    ketchup Hunts (double coupon)
    Hamburger 3# then got the meal deal with it! which included a bag of shredded lettuce, a taco kit, bag of shredded cheese and salsa!
    2 free DiGorno pizzas (double coupons, LOL had 4!)

Discounts
    Im not going to list everything but I purchased 195 dollars worth of groceries and paid 98.76!

Thank you all for your advice and assistance. You ALL Rock!!!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Reesie271 For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lets compare! how much do you save on coupons

Reesie271,

What an awesome job! Like you I am trying to use all the tips and trick I have learned here and SAVE some major money! My husband is really enjoying all the savings!
    Hugs and Hope! Amy

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I usually save at least $50 a month on my groceries. That is just with coupons. If Winn Dixie has a BOGO offer I buy I get a lot more than that.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was so excited too. My first shopping time with coupons and I saved 20.00 just in coupons and 42.00 in BOGO. I was on top of the world.
    “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I average about a 50% savings on my grocery bill every week with a combination of coupons (some of which are doubled by the store), sale items, which includes BOGO items, and in store specials or store coupons. The cashier is always astounded on how much I save each week. It takes a while to make out a shopping list, because you have to match sale items with coupons. I try not to buy anything that I wouldn't normally use, but I do stock up on things that aren't necessarily needed at the moment, but are commonly used items. I always love looking at the bottom line to see how much I saved!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

in the month of february I saved $89.76. shopping for a family of four and this is including all household items from papergoods to cleaners..... my monthly food budget is $200...