Need Breakfast Ideas for picky eater

I have a texture problem so milk, eggs, most meat are out of the question. I love pancakes but sick of eating all the time. Can someone suggest other possible options. I do eat a lot of grits also. Thanks

breakfast, butter, cheese, child, day, eat, eggs, fre, french toast, fruit, funny, hot, idea, lunch, package, problem, soup, spaghetti, veggies, week, suggest, time, sick, eating, grits, options, pancakes, love, texture, ideas, eater, milk, question, meat, picky

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Breakfast Ideas for picky eater

I have a texture problem so milk, eggs, most meat are out of the question. I love pancakes but sick of eating all the time. Can someone suggest other possible options. I do eat a lot of grits also. Thanks
    “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Baggz1971 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Breakfast Ideas for picky eater

Ok you do grits so how about oatmeal?
    Mdowdy

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

A variety of hot cereals, cream of what, cracked wheat. If you can do pancakes can you handle French toast or waffles? Biscuits?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

How about fruit sprinkled with granola?

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not much on traditional breakfast foods either. NO EGGS, never, ever, ever!!! And, often ceral is more of a late evening snack than breakfast. I do like bagels, but prefer a real bagel from a real bagel shop over the grocery store ones.
    One thing I do is eat what I like. I've never, even as a child understood the need to only eat breakfast designated foods. I simply can't find the logic there. Food is either "good" for you or it isn't, a particular time of the day doesn't change a food's good or bad for you as far as I'm concerned. A toasted cheese is as good for breakfast as lunch. Soup, believe it or not is just as filling for breakfast as lunch. Often I have supper leftovers, everything from spaghetti to mac n cheese, to meatloaf or anything else. If I liked it for supper, and would eat it for lunch, what's wrong with it for breakfast. Truly, the idea that only certain foods have/should be eaten at certain times drives me crazy. Hubby is like that, can't begin to imagine anything but traditional breakfast foods for breakfast. But funny enough once a week he'll get sausage, eggs, and toast or French toast and sausage for supper, and doesn't have a problem with that.
    Now some people don't seem able to handle certain foods first thing in the morning. But, the idea of hot cerals grosses me.
    For me, I eat what is available that I know I'll eat. Doesn't matter what time of day it is. Often I'll have a package of frozen veggies, or fruit, cheese, and crackers or leftovers, or whatever I see and looks edible. Right now, I'm making cheese bread for breakfast. Bought some mini sub sized rolls, spread with butter and top with a variety of cheese and broil. When that bread is gone it might be veggies. Life is far to short to follow someone else's made up set of rules. Who decided what's appropriate for breakfast anyway?
    Gloria

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm afraid we'll all have to get over breakfast stuff at breakfast time thing before to many more years! Most of us have never known a starving time. I have and never talked about it to anyone until recently when my kids were discussing bugs and how no one could ever eat anything so very gross. I quietly mentioned that ants and crickets actually taste fairly good. My kids looked at me like never before! When you're starving you really will eat things you never dreamed you would! they got to hear about 6 months of my life that even my husband hadn't heard, that day. It's something I don't care to talk about but felt they needed to know as I think in their lifetime they too might face starving times. We are already seeing spot food storages and I think these will get much worse in time. Most have never had to go through starving times and if we don't prepare now we may face terrible times ahead. It doesn't matter what you eat or when, what really matters is that you do have food to eat and be very grateful for it!

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smoothies are wonderful for on the run days so is yogurt with fruit and granola.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Try creamy rice with sugar butter and cinnamon yum
    If ya like chocolate try chocolate gravy over a biscuit with butter added.

1cup sugar
    3tbsp flour
    3 or 4 tbsp cocoa
    1 c. milk

put sugar flour and cocoa in a pot. Mix well. slowly add milk and mix well. Cook on med-low heat stirring constantly until boils and thickens. Crumble biscuit in bowl pour gravy over it add a little butter. Stir and enjoy. Yummy.

My granny use to make this for me all the time and that was 40 years ago and I still love it.
    gizzymo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast