Thread: Hello!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doh Hello!

Hello all! I'm very excited about this site and I hope it will help me become more thrifty with food costs as well as more competent in the kitchen. I'm a 25 year old stay at home mom of 2 toddlers--DD just turned 3 and DS is 17 months. I handle the household business and finances, so I'm definitely keen on saving money.

The catch with the groceries is that I'm horrible at cooking. I have no know-how. I can follow a recipe, but substitutions, cooking from scratch, comestible cause and effect, and creative concoctions are all completely lost on me. As a result, I think our grocery bill is much higher than it needs to be--$455/month for a family of 4, but that does include household items. And also our menus are less than robust--I generally cook one dish meals every other night and we're skimpy on the fruits and veggies. So I look forward to gleaning wisdom from everyone here and the various components of this site.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Z0607 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hello!

Welcome,
    You have come to the right spot to start learning and
    gleaning wisdom from everyone here and the various components of this site
    . Just remember to take the site, one step at a time. Everyone here on this site--are very friendly and helpful people. So if you have any question just ask. Looking forward to your future postings as well. ENJOY !!
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the site. There are a lot of recipes on here to help you out. If you can follow the recipes then you will be fine . Don't pass on the fruits and veggies they are needed for good health. You will find creative ways to incorportate them into your meals by looking over any of the recipes. Take your time checking out the different forums and experimenting before you know it you will be saving on a ton on that grocery bill.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to a great site, You'll enjoy spending time here. Cutting your grocery bill won't be hard once you get ideas on less expensive meals, planning menus, shopping sales and using coupons. Lots of great ideas and recipes here.
    Niddi

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from Canada....Welcome aboard!!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to the site. Glad that you have joined up with us. This is a great site to learn new ways of doing things. And there always lots of recipes to choose from too. If you see a recipe and don't understand it, just ask, someone will jump in and help. Everyone where are great at helping with just about anything on here.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.