Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How To Handle Reluctant Cashiers

Article from Red Plum
    If a cashier at your local store wonít accept your coupons, but you have previously checked on the storeís official policy, donít despair. Simply ask to speak with the store manager. Present them with the copy of the storeís printable coupon policy (or let them know who you spoke to who let you know that printable coupons were accepted there) and let them assess your coupons to ensure that they meet the standards discussed on the last page.

As more and more consumers are printing coupons online and using them at stores around the country, the folks at the checkout are getting used to seeing them. But you may simply have hit a cashier who hasnít dealt with them before. Stay calm, but donít give upóyouíre going to teach them a great lesson, and make sure that future coupon users have a far easier time at that store!

And remember to resist the urge to cave and simply tuck those coupons back into your wallet. If a storeís true policy is that they wonít take the coupons, thatís one thing (though you should definitely let us know! if you hear that from a store. And we'll get on it.). But you owe it to yourself to be sure that thereís not simply a misunderstanding. A dollar off is a dollar off, and itís worth a few moments of your time. Weíll simply never understand paying full priceÖ

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How To Handle Reluctant Cashiers

Definitely true, I've found that if I don't know why a coupon works I'll ask my manager before telling the customer I can't use it. My other co-workers didn't always do this and got into more arguments with customers because of this.

The biggest problem for my old job was people liked to pluck the cheapest items that couldn't be used on coupons. But I'd usually help them out find the cheapest thing allowed they could use if they were a dollar or so off.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ran into this problem with 2 Wal-Marts here in OKC - 1 Neighborhood Market & 1 Super Center. Neither would take coupons from the computer and it wasn't just the cashier.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stores here are trying to make it less appealing to use the ones off the internet. They check every printed one against the list they have for counterfit coupons. I can see this on their side but it takes forever if you have more than a few. I get tickled at the people behind me rolling their eyes etc while the cashier is checking them, but when it brings a bill of over 50.00 down to less than 20.00 I will stand there and happily irritate the people behind me lol
    Mdowdy

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mdowdy View Post
    Stores here are trying to make it less appealing to use the ones off the internet. They check every printed one against the list they have for counterfit coupons. I can see this on their side but it takes forever if you have more than a few. I get tickled at the people behind me rolling their eyes etc while the cashier is checking them, but when it brings a bill of over 50.00 down to less than 20.00 I will stand there and happily irritate the people behind me lol
    You go girl! I used to get bothered or worried that the people behind me were annoyed because I was taking so long with all my coupons. Then I started to think, hey, I don't know them & I don't ever have to see them again! What do I care! And maybe when the person behind me sees me with a cart FULL of groceries & only paying $10 they will start using coupons too!

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike makes me go by myself if I am using coupons, he does not want to be embarassed. I just laugh. He will use a single coupon, but he will not do the dual coupon thing (mfg and store). Not sure what the differance is. Makes me chuckle.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jkpjohnson View Post
    Mike makes me go by myself if I am using coupons, he does not want to be embarassed. I just laugh. He will use a single coupon, but he will not do the dual coupon thing (mfg and store). Not sure what the differance is. Makes me chuckle.
    Well, show him the list of things I got at KMart for $107 & that I only paid $25. Then Ask him what he could do with the extra $82 & see if he's still embarrassed!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've gotten to where I just don't care what the people behind me think anymore. If I can save a few bucks with that piece of paper than I'm doing it. But you gals are right, there are people that get mad about it. You would think that they would be happy to see some one save a few dollars. I know I would be happy for someone else if they could save. But in this world today people get in to big of a hurry and miss out on the deals that we are getting......
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast