Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Four Ways To Becoming A Compulsive Saver

1. Do it now. If you wait to save until you get a raise or pay off your debts. . . youíll never start. Nothing to save? Start cutting expenses and save the difference.

2. Enter into an automatic savings program. Your bank will help you save by making automatic deposits from your checking into your savings program. If you have a payroll savings plan where you work . . . sign up - today!

3. Pay yourself first. Ten percent of everything you make is yours to keep . . .off the top. If you can make this an unbending and non-negotiable routine you will be well on your way to becoming an addictive saver.

4. Live with cash. If you canít afford to pay cash . . . you canít afford it. Living on credit, writing bad checks, and demanding to have it now and pay for it later will surely sabotage any plans you have to be a compulsive saver.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Four Ways To Becoming A Compulsive Saver

Good info here. We have a friend who makes really good money and has no concept of what to do with it. She is continually buying things, charging it and worrying about it later. She once spent 70.00 in a bidding war on ebay for an item that cost 12.00 at walmart. She is always asking us to borrow money until the next week. I keep trying to talk to her and she will not listen. I have told her several times, if you want it save up for it and pay cash. That particular one is one of the best guidelines I think that you can live by.
    Mdowdy

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great guidelines! This is what we've started doing & it really helps. Our only difference is that we pay ourselves "second." We pay God "first" (our tithe). Since the time we have started doing this, He has blessed us so much.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent! I have always lived on cash until I got married. I still live on cash and my partner lives on plastic. To many problems.
    ďIf everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.Ē

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great advice Joann!

After years of being foolish with our money my husband and I are finally following rules like yours and sticking to them. We've only been doing it for a month now but I'm already feeling less stress about money because I finally have a sense of control.

We are working on paying off our debt and for the first time it doesn't seem like a hopeless task. I know by being smart we will accomplish our goal!

It's so nice to have a resource to talk with all of you so that I'm not doing this on my own!

Ann

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have this list on my refrig, it surely helps me to remember the basics.
    JoAnn

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oma, remember you are never alone
    It's so nice to have a resource to talk with all of you so that I'm not doing this on my own!
    Ever feel a need to vent one on one, feel free to stop by my page. I have open ears.. The site has helped me in several ways. And I'm always working on new ways of doing things as well.
    JoAnn

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do all of the above except very seldom do I carry cash. I usually write a check. Always know whats in my checking. I do have $100 automatically deducted from my check every two weeks, always pay my self first, treat it like a bill. I also have set up at my credit union a christmas acct., emergency fund, tution fund (money I use for my daughter when she needs money for school or activities) and a miscellaneous fund (money for birthdays). Also, I have an FSA for medical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast