Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Black-and-White Parfaits
02-23-2009, 10:52 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
2⁄3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp cornstarch
3 cups whole milk
Yolks of 5 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 oz semisweet baking chocolate (no need to chop)
1⁄3 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
Garnish: sweetened whipped cream
1. Have ready four 1-cup parfait glasses or goblets.
2. Whisk sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan to blend. Gradually whisk in milk, then yolks. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and, stirring gently, cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
3. Pour half into a bowl. Add chocolate to saucepan and peanut butter to bowl. Let stand 1 minute for both to melt. Gently whisk each until blended.
4. Carefully spread spoonfuls of puddings, alternating flavors, in parfait glasses, smoothing surface of pudding each time. Place plastic wrap directly on pudding to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate about 2 hours until cold, or up to 2 days.
5. To serve: Garnish with whipped cream.
Note: Save egg whites for another use. Refrigerate, covered, up to 4 days; or put each white in compartment of an ice cube tray, wrap airtight and freeze up to 6 months.