Results 1 to 2 of 2
02-23-2009, 10:31 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
21/3 cups boiling water
21/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
11/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
21/3 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract frosting
8 oz white chocolate, melted as pkg directs, cooled to room temperature
31/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
6 oz cream cheese, softened
5 Tbsp stick butter, softened
11/2 Tbsp lemon juice
Garnish: Chocolate Curls (see directions)
1. Position racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat to 350°F. Coat three 9-in. or 8 x 2-in. round cake pans with nonstick spray. Line bottoms with wax paper.
2. Stir cocoa and boiling water in a medium bowl until smooth; let cool.
3. Meanwhile mix next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat next 4 ingredients with mixer on high speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add cool cocoa; beat until blended. Scrape bowl. On low speed, beat in flour mixture just to blend, scraping bowl once. Spoon into prepared pans; smooth surfaces. Stagger pans on oven racks.
4. Bake 24 to 31 minutes (depending on pan size) until a wooden pick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Run knife around edges; invert on rack, remove paper and cool completely.
5. Frosting: Beat ingredients on low speed to blend. Increase speed to high; beat 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
6. To assemble: Place 1 cake layer on serving plate, bottom side up. Spread with 1/3 the Frosting. Repeat with remaining layers, swirling frosting on top. Garnish with Chocolate Curls.
Chocolate Curls Line mini loaf pan or make a 31/2 x 2 x 11/4-in. pan with a double thickness foil. Melt 4 oz white chocolate, pour into pan; chill until firm. Peel off foil. Soften at room temperature 30 minutes. Pull a swivel-blade vegetable peeler along side of bar to form curls (if curls break, soften chocolate more). Repeat with 4 oz milk chocolate.
02-24-2009, 12:18 PM #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Blog Entries
Re: Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
This sounds so good! I will definately give this one a try after Lent
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-31-2009, 12:51 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-11-2009, 09:23 AM
By MissDaisy in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-16-2007, 08:31 AM
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-14-2007, 04:04 PM