Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Viennese Brownies
02-23-2009, 10:24 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1-1/2 tsp almond extract
1-1/4 sticks (1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp) butter
5 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 350įF. Line a 9-in.-square baking pan with foil, letting foil extend 2 in. above pan on opposite sides. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
2. Almond Swirl: Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and extract just until combined.
3. Brownies: Melt butter and chocolate in a 2-qt saucepan over low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat. Whisk in remaining ingredients until smooth.
4. While brownie batter is still warm, spread half in prepared baking pan. Gently spread with Almond Swirl mixture. Spoon on remaining brownie batter, then spread to cover. With a spoon, gently swirl through batter in an over and under motion for a marbled effect (donít overwork).
5. Bake 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
6. Lift by foil ends to cutting board. Cut in squares; remove from foil.
Storage Tip: Store airtight at cool room temperature up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: