Results 1 to 1 of 1
02-23-2009, 10:03 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Pretzel, Peanut and Chocolate-Chunk Cookies
2 sticks (1 cup) butter or margarine (not spread)
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
21/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups halved thin pretzel sticks
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup raisins
1. Place racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat to 350°F. Have 2 baking sheets ready.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat; pour into a large bowl. Or melt in microwave in a large bowl. Let cool.
3. Add sugars, vanilla and baking powder; whisk until blended and smooth. Whisk in eggs, then stir in flour until just blended. Add pretzels, chocolate, peanuts and raisins; stir to combine. Divide dough in quarters (a scant 12/3 cups each).
4. Stirring dough occasionally to redistribute ingredients, drop dough from one portion in 9 mounds 2 in. apart on one ungreased baking sheet. Repeat on other baking sheet. Flatten cookies slightly with back of a spoon.
5. Bake, switching position of pans after 6 minutes, 12 to 14 minutes until golden around edges. Cool on sheets on wire racks 2 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Serve at room temperature.
Planning Tip: Can be refrigerated airtight with wax paper between layers up to 1 week or frozen up to 2 months.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post: