Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Black Forest Ice Cream Pie
02-23-2009, 08:54 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Black Forest Ice Cream Pie
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
2 jars (8 or 10 ounces each) maraschino cherries without stems, drained and cut in half
One 6-ounce ready-to-fill chocolate-flavored crumb crust (keep the plastic cover)
1⁄2 pint (1 cup) raspberry sorbet, slightly softened
Garnish: chocolate sauce, chocolate sandwich cookies, mint leaves, 8 maraschino cherries with stems
1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Spread the melted chocolate, preferably with a long metal spatula, into a rectangle about 8 x 12 inches. Place in freezer until chocolate is hard, about 5 minutes (longer is fine).
2. Scrape ice cream into a large bowl. Add cherries and break chocolate in 4 or 5 pieces over the top. Fold cherries and chocolate into the ice cream. Chocolate will break into smaller pieces as you stir.
3. Quickly scoop (or scrape, if mixture is very soft) half the ice cream mixture into the chocolate crust. Top with scoopfuls sorbet, using a small scoop or teaspoon. Spread remaining ice cream mixture over the top (mixture may be very soft).
4. Cover with the reserved plastic lid and freeze at least 6 hours until very firm, or up to 1 week.
5. Up to 3 hours before serving, drizzle chocolate sauce over top of pie.
6. Just before serving, garnish with cookies, mint leaves and cherries.
Cook’s Tips: Soften the ice cream only a little, since it will soften more as you stir in the cherries and chocolate.
For extra flavor, for grown-ups, soak the halved cherries in 2 tablespoons creme de cassis or maraschino liqueur for 5 minutes before adding them—and the liqueur—to the ice cream. Since alcohol doesn’t freeze, it will soften the ice cream, so work quickly.
Recipe Haunted Forest PlatterBy HalloweenYet in forum HalloweenReplies: 0Last Post: 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM
By rtebalt in forum Valentines DayReplies: 0Last Post: 12-31-2008, 01:33 PM
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-30-2007, 08:05 AM
By Candace in forum Health & Home RemediesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-16-2006, 08:53 AM
By Savin' Moola in forum Dump RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-19-2006, 02:50 PM