Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Capellini Amatriciana
02-23-2009, 02:10 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
• 10 ounces capellini or spaghettini
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 2 onions, coarsely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 1 (28 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained and chopped, juices reserved
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1/2 cup finely diced Canadian bacon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
• 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta until just tender. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until barely softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until the garlic is softened, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the wine, the juices from the canned tomatoes, and the red pepper flakes to the skillet. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, to thicken the sauce.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, Canadian bacon, and salt. Reduce to a simmer and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the basil.
5. Toss the drained pasta with the sauce. Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan.