Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Potato Skins
02-23-2009, 02:07 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
save baking time by cooking the potatoes in the microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 15 to 20 minutes. rearranging them once. 64 cal 2g total fat 1 gram sat fat
• 6 large russet potatoes
• 2 teaspoons cooking oil
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 3 drops bottled hot pepper sauce
• 2/3 cup chopped Canadian bacon or 8 slices crisp cooked crumbled bacon or turkey bacon
• 2/3 cup finely chopped tomato (1 medium)
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onions (1)
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
• 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1. scrub potatoes and prick with fork. bake in a 425 oven for 40 to 45 minutes or till tender. cool.
2. cut each potato lengthwise into 4 wedges. scoop out the inside of each potato wedge cover and chill the leftover fluffy white part of potatoes for another use.
3. in a small bowl combine the oil, chill powder and hot pepper sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the inside of the potato wedges with the oil mixture. place the potato wedges in a single layer on a large baking sheet. sprinkle wedges with bacon, tomato and green onion:Top with cheese.
4. Bake about 10 minutes more or till cheese melts and potatoes are heated through. if desired serve with sour cream. Makes 24 wedges.
5. Make ahead directions. prepare as above. except cover and chill assembled potato wedges for up to 24 hours before baking.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:
By rtebalt in forum Mixes~MYO~Copycat~EtcReplies: 2Last Post: 02-20-2015, 06:39 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
By rtebalt in forum ThanksgivingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-15-2008, 11:20 AM