Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question HE Washer question

Hi,

I have an HE washer and am not supposed to use regular laundry soap. Does the homemade soap lather-up? I live in Ohio and the area we are in, we have Tide and Gain He soap. My washer only uses 14 gallons of water at a time, I'm afraid of killing it. My sister-in-law started making her own soap and fabric softener so I wondered if I could save money and try it as well.

Thanks

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubbybear66 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HE Washer question

I'm also in Ohio Cubbybear66.
    One other laundry soap that is sold here in Ohio, that I have found is Seventh Generation Laundry Products. I posted the web site here, check this out if you get a chance. I'm not using anything but Tide, Gain and Seventh Generation in the machine, as well
    I'm afraid of killing it
    Seventh Generation Coupon -7th Generation Coupons
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have NEVER ever used as much soap as they say in any washer .. When the kids were little I would have to toss in some borax (had bed wetters) and some baking soda for smell .. Matt's urine was extremely strong even with fluids to help lighten it (and stopping all fluids after 5:30)

I have an HE can't remember the brand .. I run cheapy stuff from Save a Lot or Caswells .. The only thing I still do is leave the door open - I have always done this on my washers - reg or not .. It just makes sense, warm water is still inside (washers never completely drain) - why chance molds ..

Ria

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've used the homemade in my high efficiency washer. I used the powdered kind. Only used 1T. Never had a problem.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just bought a HE washer last Oct. and am using the homemade soap recipe from this website...not had any problems and it cleans as well if not better then the store bought.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm glad others have posted to this question. I was really afraid of using anything but what was called for in this machine. Mine is a front loader and only about 6 months old. I do you use vinegar in my rinse cycle as well.
    This post has help me out as well. Know I'll have to try the MYO.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do use vinegar in the machine...in my HE it has a place for softner, bleach, and detergent. I just add my homemade detergent and vinegar in the softner spot. I have not had any problems and my clothes are coming out nice and clean. It even gets rid of the little girls pp stains

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

i use regular in my HE i use 1/2 of what a regular washer would use for the load, plus 1/2 cup of borax and 1 "cap" full of vinager in softener. i have never had a problem with the washer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast