What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Looking For Leftover Ham Recipes

Tomarrow I am cooking a ham for dinner. I know there will be lots left.

I need help to use up the leftovers without them being called leftovers..DH won't eat anything leftover.
    Last edited by gizzymo1960; 02-21-2009 at 11:28 PM.
    gizzymo

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gizzymo1960 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking For Leftover Ham Recipes

I use my left over ham for omelette's at breakfast, I make crescents with it, Roll the crescent dough out and put cheese and ham on each one and roll them up and bake them for nice crescent sandwiches. Make pizza! Ham chunks with pineapple chunks is one of our family favorites! Making do casserole: pasta or rice which ever you have on hand, ham or whatever meat you have, cream of whatever soup you have on hand and cheese with whatever spices you might like to add. My daughter made biscuits that were yummy with left over ham! Made up baking powder biscuits and added chopped ham and grated cheese and they were great! We also add the piece at the end into the bean pot to flavor the beans. Make split pea soup with ham. You can make lots of thing s with it and your imagination! Have fun! Hope this helps!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

If DH doesn't like LO's why not slice off a few thick slices before cooking and save these these -- put them in the freezer for next weeks menu. And make a nice ham steak dinner.. Could also take an extra thick slice and cube it up and also put this one in the freezer for cabbage and noodles then add the cube ham that you have fried also. This one makes a real nice deep dish dinner meal. And DH should think that these meals are LOs at all. Because you haven't gotten a chance to cook them.. When I was first married DH was a picky eater--not much anymore. Thank goodness.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

My favorite is split pea and ham soup (if you have the bone), and some nice sour dough bread to go with it. Next favorite would be quiches, easy and yummy with ham and broccoli and lots of cheese. I have also used it in the a.m. for breakfast, nice hamsteaks with waffles. Good Luck!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

One of the things we had a lot growing up was soup beans with ham. After soaking pinto beans as directed, put them in a crockpot with diced leftover ham. Let it cook on low all day and enjoy for supper. Sometimes we would have cornbread and fried potatoes on the side....

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks everyone. I will surely give these a try.
    gizzymo

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jaime View Post
    One of the things we had a lot growing up was soup beans with ham. After soaking pinto beans as directed, put them in a crockpot with diced leftover ham. Let it cook on low all day and enjoy for supper. Sometimes we would have cornbread and fried potatoes on the side....
    I remember eating the same thing as a kid. We always had them with cornbread and fried potatoes. YUM!