Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grease..

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Grease..

I need a good de-greaser.. i have used everything i can think of, and nothing will come off the cabinets. Any help?
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KawaiiGiggle For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Grease..

i have the same problem trying to get grease off my cabinets without ruining the paint, have tried everything I know of also
    Mdowdy

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

at least i'm not alone. LOL!!!
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried straight Ammonia? I was having trouble getting the oily black mess off the glass of our pellet stove when we clean it each week and tried a little ammonia in a bowl and my old vegetable brush to apply it and low and behold it all came right off! I leave ammonia in my oven overnight and the next morning I remove it and wipe the oven clean. Be careful of the fumes but I bet it would work! If they are painted you might want to try a little spot first to make sure it doesn't remove the paint also!

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

no, i'm kinda scared to since the kitchen isn't well ventilated. but i will try it. i sure hope this works. me and the hubbie are both sick of the cabinets being all greasy.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only thing I use is called Greased Lightning. I buy this at the local dollar store. It's a Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser. Removes Tough Stains, Grease, Soap Scum, Mildew & Much More. Also Laundry Pretreat. My kitchen is very small and when I'm cooking it seems like the cabinets just soak up the grease. I use this daily on the cabinets and haven't had any problems with even the wood changing colors ( but yet again test the surface first). Greased Lightning comes in a 40 FL.oz. bottle, and also you can purchase a larger bottle to refill this spray bottle. I'm very sentive to certain sprays and this one to me doesn't have that breath taking feeling or smell. I use this on just about everything the (outdoor grill) cleans up really nice too.. Good luck and hope this helps--
    remember like brchbell said-- If they are painted you might want to try a little spot first to make sure it doesn't remove the paint also!
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

SIMPLE GREEN - Concentrated version

PURPLE STUFF - not sure of real name this is a commercial product that is finally availiable in some Home Depots etc .. its not as strong as the commercial but still good

PINK STUFF - actual name - find in car parts stores - also takes out kero smell on clothes etc

Ria

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Homemade Cabinet Grease Remover

Cabinet Grease Remover
    (for painted cabinets)
    1/4 cup baking soda
    1 cup ammonia
    1/2 cup white vinegar
    1 gallon warm water
    Mix together in a clean pail.

Soften the grease/dirt stains with a hot damp dishrag. Using a sponge dipped in your cleaning solution, wash the cabinets, allowing the cleaner to set for a few minutes as needed. Rinse & Wipe Dry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast