Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What to Say to Telemarketers

If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you sure could use some money.

If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "Why do you want to know?" Alternately, you can tell them, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, and my dog just died" when they try to get to the sale, just keep talking about your problems.

If they say they're John Doe from XYZ company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.

This works great if you are male: Telemarketer: "Hi, my name is Judy and I'm with XYZ company" You: Wait for a second and with a real husky voice ask, "What are you wearing?"

Cry out in surprise, "Judy, IS that you? Oh my God, Judy, how have you been?" Hopefully this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where the heck she could know you from.

Say "No," over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.
    “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Baggz1971 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What to Say to Telemarketers

I love these. It is fun to mess with telemarketers. Thanks for the post.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beth, you are so funny lolll.. My youngest son used to work for a local Telemarketer Company. He would come home and tell us some wild stories and one liners people would say.. But I think yours are the best..
    Last edited by JoAnn; 02-19-2009 at 07:37 AM.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

JoAnn - wish I could take credit for these but they are from Baggz1971. I think they are great. Thanks anyway.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: What to Say to Telemarketers

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Terrell View Post
    JoAnn - wish I could take credit for these but they are from Baggz1971. I think they are great. Thanks anyway.
    Think my eyes went wacky thanks for pointing that out. Like duh lolll.
    JoAnn

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hahaha, I once had a rug shampoo guy that would NOT go away, he called repeatedly and even had the kahunahs to show up on my doorstep one day to offer a "Free rug cleaning", I said to him in a panicky voice,

"Oh My god, I am so glad you're here! Can you get Goat blood stains out?? I've been trying ever since the ritual . . "

and before I finished the word ritual, the dweeb was back in his car and pulling out of the driveway.

hahahahaha.. gotta love gullible salesmen.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Oh My god, I am so glad you're here! Can you get Goat blood stains out?? I've been trying ever since the ritual . . "

and before I finished the word ritual, the dweeb was back in his car and pulling out of the driveway.

hahahahaha.. gotta love gullible salesmen
    Liss now that one tops the cake -- Still laughing at this end...
    JoAnn

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL these are great! I once had a window sales person call my home (when I was 16) and they asked us what we used to keep the cold air from coming through the windows. I told them "duct tape and plastic of course" they hung up LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast