Boiled Potatoes

Boiled Potatoes

Help please!!! We love potatoes in our house, mashed, baked, and sometimes fried. But I have been wanting something different lately, my mom used to make boiled potatoes with butter. I would love some ideas for boiled potatoes. I thought about adding some parsley or garlic to them for some

baby, bowl, bring, brown, cup, days, drain, extra, fresh, garlic, hat, herbs, minutes, mom, red, round, skillet, small, water, yummy, potatoes, boiled, ideas, love, thought, adding, parsley, flavoring, advance, mashed, baked, house, fried, make, wanting, butter

Thread: Boiled Potatoes

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Boiled Potatoes

Help please!!! We love potatoes in our house, mashed, baked, and sometimes fried. But I have been wanting something different lately, my mom used to make boiled potatoes with butter. I would love some ideas for boiled potatoes. I thought about adding some parsley or garlic to them for some flavoring. Anyone have any other ideas that I could try? Thank you in advance
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tsgal For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Boiled Potatoes

My Mom use to make us boiled potatoes with butter and parsley- my Dad use to call them stewed potatoes and hated them because he use to eat them all the time as a kid. Here in NY they have something called Salt Potatoes (we don't have them in NH)-they actually sell bags called Salt Potatoes too- they are just small white potatoes that you boil with coarse salt for about 20-25 minutes, you can not pierce the potatoes because the salt will be absorbed (doesn't taste good that way), then you drain the potatoes and toss them with lots of butter- very yummy.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the idea, I've never heard of this before. Is this a northen dish? I put butter in mine too. I ate them alot as a kid too. But it's been a very long time since I have had them, thought that I would see what other ideas everyone had too. Thanks for giving me something different to try
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used to boil small red potatoes until tender then add butter, parsley (optional) and add a can of cream of mushroom soup. You can doctor these up however you like them. I sometimes sprinkled shredded cheese over them. You could use chicken, celery or any type of cream soup. Bet they would be good with cheese soup or nacho cheese soup. By the way, drain the potatoes before you add the other stuff!!!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is one that my mom used to use.

* 1 1/2 pounds round baby potatoes, peeled
    * Coarse salt
    * 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    * 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    * 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
    * 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    * 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
    * 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    * 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
    * Freshly ground pepper

1. Place potatoes and 3 tablespoons salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water, and bring to a simmer. Cook until a knife pierces through potatoes with little resistance, about 10 minutes. Drain; transfer to a bowl.
    2. Heat oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes in a small skillet over medium-low heat until garlic is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Pour over potatoes. Add lemon juice and herbs, and toss. Season with salt and pepper.

We had this on Sundays. Can't eat it now though, I think it's because I had it so much.
    “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Baggz1971 View Post
    Here is one that my mom used to use.

* 1 1/2 pounds round baby potatoes, peeled
    * Coarse salt
    * 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    * 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
    * 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
    * 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    * 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
    * 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    * 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
    * Freshly ground pepper

1. Place potatoes and 3 tablespoons salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water, and bring to a simmer. Cook until a knife pierces through potatoes with little resistance, about 10 minutes. Drain; transfer to a bowl.
    2. Heat oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes in a small skillet over medium-low heat until garlic is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Pour over potatoes. Add lemon juice and herbs, and toss. Season with salt and pepper.

We had this on Sundays. Can't eat it now though, I think it's because I had it so much.

wow.. this sounds so yummy!! i need to go grocery shopping.
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry