Sunday Circulars w/coupons

Sunday Circulars w/coupons

I went to purchase 2 Sunday Papers, believing I would have coupon in these papers NOPE. Did some research and this is what I found out.Copyright © 2009, WJW-TV Hummm.. Is this happening in all areas? I'm in the greater Cleveland area. Didn't continue to research. Any updates on this would help.

buy, call, circulars, company, coupon, coupons, day, don, inside, joann, no coupons, package, papers,research, sharing, special, subscribe, sunday, weekend, mail, redplum, dealer, plain, find, thomas, consumers, valassis, direct, multiple, wjw-tv, 2009, buys, newspapers, fears, daugirdas, booklet, approach, affect, couponers, access, figure, gamble, paper, related, proctor, smartsource, distributors, links, sign

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doh Sunday Circulars w/coupons

I went to purchase 2 Sunday Papers, believing I would have coupon in these papers NOPE. Did some research and this is what I found out.Copyright © 2009, WJW-TV Hummm.. Is this happening in all areas? I'm in the greater Cleveland area. Didn't continue to research. Any updates on this would help.

Valassis, the parent company of Redplum coupons, will no longer distribute it's booklets in the Sunday Plain Dealer. Instead, the company will use direct mail, a move company Vice President and General Manager, Thomas Murray says is designed to reach twice as many consumers as before. Thomas claims "In these challenging economic times, it has never been more important to make these essential savings available to as many people as possible so they can stretch the dollars in their wallets. Consumers who already receive the Redplum mail package will now find the coupon booklet inside."

Daugirdas says he sometimes buys multiple newspapers so he can get multiple coupons. He fears Valassis direct mail approach will affect his access. "I wish they had gotten with the couponers to figure, hey what's the best way for your guys to get coupons" he told Call For Action Consumer reporter Lorrie Taylor, "If I don't get them in the mail I really don't have any recourse to get them mailed back to me"

Plain Dealer customers will still be able to find coupons from other distributors, like SmartSource and Proctor and Gamble in the Sunday paper.

Related links
    Home Delivery of Redplum Coupons
    http://www.advo.com/consumersupport.html

Copyright © 2009, WJW-TV
    Last edited by JoAnn; 02-18-2009 at 07:58 AM.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sunday Circulars w/coupons

What a bummer. People who use these coupons order the paper and even get extras on Sunday just for the coupons. It's not really helping to make these coupons more available, they may be reaching twice as many customers as before but it will not increase their coupons usage. Those of us who really use the coupons are being hurt big time by this, and many households will just pitch them. Plus how much extra is this costing them for direct mailing? Some CEO decisions just don't make sence to me.
    Niddi

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also added a link to recieve coupons in the mail
    Home Delivery of Redplum Coupons
    Valassis - Consumer Support

I understand that Valassis will add my residential address to their mailing list and it will take 5 to 6 weeks to fully become effective. Hummm This is really a Big Bummerrrrrr
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the link, I added myself. There were no coupons of any kind in my paper on Sunday. I was very disappointed.

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

None in my weekend papers either! I don't subscribe so it was a little frustrating to go out special to buy those papers to find out there were no coupons. At least now I know why. Thanks for sharing JoAnn.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

JoAnn you are an Angel!! I was so disappointed not getting any coupons this past Saturday (my paper we get all flyers, coupons on Saturday). At least I know I am not alone. I signed up via your link. Oh my goodness I would be so sad without my coupons, shopping would just not be the same without them.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is very disappointing! Makes me even more glad that I call the companies personally to request coupons!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: Sunday Circulars w/coupons

I didn't find any coupons in my paper either. I thought maybe someone forgot to put them in. So I took the paper back and asked if I could thumb through some other ones. I couldn't find anything what a bummer. So I signed up to your link. Thanks
    “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast