Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CVS clearance rack

Does anyone here do the CVS deals and roll their ECB's and get stuff for just pennies?? I tried it a month ago and did get a few good deals but am finding that the products are gone by the time I get there on Sunday after church or the stores may not have had enough to start with.

If you've had any success at doing this please give me some advice.

I see senarios posted in other forums but I never find the stuff to do it with (it gets stressful trying to refigure how to roll the ECB's and not waste them.)
    I have 3 stores within 5 miles and don't want to drive farther than that just to take a chance that they will have the items. (calling around isn't working because the cashier has to check several products and they said they have a line and to call back)

One thing I did notice that will keep me dropping in at CVS is their clearance shelf. Two stores had a lot of name brand products marked down a lot.
    Last week I found some Aveeno lotion for and I had a coupon, today a jar of Aveeno Postiively Radiant Anti-wrinkle cream for .14, I had a coupon.

Also had Infusium Conditioner for $1.89, Vita lift for about $4, some Nexxium shampoo less than $3, and a number of other really good products (didn't have coupons for them so I left them for someone else) The store manager said they frequetly add to the shelf and have new stuff on it every week.

It really surprised my that the price on the clearance was marked down so much. So even if you aren't a regular CVS shopper it may pay to go there occasionally just to check out the clearance shelf. They do take IP coupons.
    Niddi

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Niddi For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CVS clearance rack

If you have a 24 hour CVS you can shop late Saturday night or go before Church. Other wise it's always hit an miss.

I've been CVS'ing for a year and had found it to be both addicting and relaxing for me. I have a tons of things for pennies out pocket...you name it, I probably have or can get it for cheap

It can take a little work to get use to it, but its worth it.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

hrw 102779

Thanks for the head up. I'll try going late Saturday and see if I can get in on some of the deals.
    Went to another CVS today (further from my house) and still didn't find the products I needed to use for a deal.
    What I did find was that this particular store had the best and cheapest clearance rack yet. It seems like the stores can pretty much mark any price they want on their clearance, and each store has different things. I got 4 Pantene hair sprays (each priced at .49 cents) 1 Garnier fructis shampo (priced at .43 cents), 4 Herbal Essence Shampoos (each priced at .49 cents) and had coupons which they adjusted to the price of the product. My total cost ended up at .69 cents for all of them. Yipeee!!

So even though I didn't find the products that generated more ecb's I had a great saving experience and will be going back to that store on a weekly basis just to check their clearance rack.
    Hope to soon get the hang of this and also start getting stuff for pennies. Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
    Niddi

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

this may sound stupid, but what is ECB?
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are no stupid questions. Asking is the only way we learn something.

ECB's are Extra Care Bucks that can be earned at CVS for purchasing the advertised product. They print on the bottom of your receipt and are used like cash toward your next purchase. They have an expiration date and you can't use just part of them.

I'm pretty new to this so I'm still learning, but I am getting some great deals. PM me if you're interested in trying this and I'll explain a little more (at least what I've learned so far)
    Niddi

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is a site called ilovecvs.com they actually have the circulars out before the same- for example I already know what is going on sale next week so I have my plan....not that the plan always works because they might be out of something. Though don't be shy about asking for a raincheck because unless it states it in the flyer they usually will give you one no questions asked. Also on that site that I stated gives you the specials that you can get which is great...less figuring out.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, thank you so much for the site, it would be great to know in advance so I can use coupons wisely. ....figuring out help would be wonderful. If you have the coupons and they have the product it sure does save a lot of money. Thanks for the post. I will definitely use the site.
    Niddi

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My apologies... the site is iheartcvs.com

I was so close. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast