Raleigh, North Carolina
    Blog Entries

Default Cincinnati Chili for Two

love chili, but don't want to fix the 'monster' batch because there's only two of you? well, here's my modified recipe that I fix when I have a 'taste' for chili
    Cincinnati Chili for Two
    1/2 lb ground beef
    1/2 medium onion, chopped
    1/2 cup chicken stock
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup canned tomatoes
    1/4 tsp vinegar
    1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    3/4 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp cumin seed
    1/4 tsp ground allspice
    1/4 tsp cayenne
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 clove garlic, crushed
    1/2 bay leaf
    1/4 lb thin spaghetti
    8 oz kidney beans, hot
    1/3 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
    1/4 cup onion, chopped
    3 oz oyster crackers
    Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a heavy nonreactive pot over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until beef turns brown. Stir in next 10 ingredients and salt to taste. Cover and simmer 3 hours over low heat. Skim off fat. Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Serve chili ladled over spaghetti. Sprinkle with hot kidney beans, shredded cheese and chopped onions with oyster crackers on the side.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging KawaiiGiggle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Cincinnati Chili for Two

Quote Originally Posted by mos View Post
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    cinnamon?! really?! never would have thought that..
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry