1/4 cup oil
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    2 tbs honey
    1 egg
    1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
    1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
    1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
    brown sugar

1. In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water. When dissolved, add remaining 3/4 cup water, oil, salt, honey and egg. Beat until smooth, using a wooden spoon.
    2. Beat in dry milk and 2 cups of flour. Gradually beat in remaining 1 cup flour until it is completely mixed into dough. Dough will be somewhat sticky. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hrs or up to 5 days.
    3. Press about 2 tablespoons dough into each cup of an oiled or nonstick muffin tin, filling each halfway. With scissors, cut a cross into each biscuit, cutting about halfway down into the dough. Push 1/2-1 tsp of brown sugar into each slit (leave some empty and use as dinner rolls).
    4. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 to 45 min, or until dough reaches top of tin. Preheat oven to 450.
    5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Makes 12 to 14 rolls = about 170 calories each.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No-Knead Refrigerator Rolls

Thanks, Mos! I see we both share a love for no-knead bread! No "knead" in going through extra work if you don't have to!
    April
    http://www.budget101.com/groups/homeschoolers.html
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
    I should have listened to Shakespeare!

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: No-Knead Refrigerator Rolls

mos thank you so very much for sharing the recipe with us. I'm going to try this one out this week. My hubby will love me for it. Anyway, if you have any more No-Knead recipes that you want to share, that would be great! Have a blessed day all!!

Hugs,
    Syndy

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No-Knead Refrigerator Rolls

I posted a 2 ingredient no-knead bread recipe here in the breakfast forum (it makes the best toast) and there's a great thread that goes with it about different things that you could add to it. my old buddie, Ria (HLSINKS) posted a different one in general recipes (I think that's where it is). anyway, if you do a forum search, Ria's will pop up enjoy!