Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: other forums

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default other forums

OK, I have a confession to make. Since this site was down for a few days I've been cheating on B 101 by lurking on a few other forums I found online.
    Please, please, please don't ban me for that!!!!
    I can't believe the difference we have on this site, I've read on some of your posts that other forums are not accepting of all members and that they have made you feel bad and you now appreciate being made to feel welcome here.
    Since I didn't do any posting, I didn't run into that situation but what I did notice is that there seem to be a lot of underhanded things people do in the name of frugality as well as a lot of greed. Some of the things I read were what I would consider WAY BEYOND just shady.

Although I will probably occasionally lurk on another site (I did learn a few things) I just want everyone to know how much more I appreciate you and how much I appreciate the way Liss runs this site. It's good to be back HOME!
    Niddi

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: other forums

I've been on other forums before B101. None of them related to budgeting. The people on them aren't the nicest or most accepting- but that's to be expected if you join a larger scale forum.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am so pleased to know that I found this forum first. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FORUM. The people are so wonderfully compassionate and kind, not to mention, they are of the most helpful I have ever met. Whew, I am also glad to hear that the site was down LOL.. Let me explain. When I get up in the morning, first thing I do is start the coffee, second is turn on the puter. I sit down, with my cup of java, come here, and ENJOY. Its like sitting with your newspaper in the morning. So, when I tried for 2 solid days to get on, I thought maybe it was "my puter". I have always had problems with it.. ( first Vista OS). Anyway... WELCOME BACK BUDGET 101 FORUM, I HAVE MISSED YOU!

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Liss really has welcomed us all with open arms!!! I have learned that budget101 is REALLy the best site out there!!! This is my opinion!! Even though there are rules here that we all abide by, you can still post your suggestions, opinions, advise, etc and not be judged!! I have not found a site out there that can say that!!!

Thank you Liss for giving me the opportunity to join your site,to express myself and to make so many friends - with whom I have become really close too!!!

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The best thing I like about the group is there is no judgmental attitude. If someone post some information that is questionable, people will say something in a way not to offend INSTEAD of jumping all over the poster about how "wrong" it is.

Plus, there is no "frugality contest" here. The list is more about helping people and gaining help than competing or judging.

I missed the list dearly while it was down!
    April
    http://www.budget101.com/groups/homeschoolers.html
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
    I should have listened to Shakespeare!

Budget101 Guru
    Currently, Arizona,USA- soon to be Davao, Philippines
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I missed it as well!

im pretty sure that no one will ban you for being on other sites. this is the only one I belong to as far as budgeting goes.
    Terra , Wife to Kevin, Mom to Cassidy (12) and Ciara (2)

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This was the first forum I ever visited or joined. I'm so glad! It has truly changed my life. Just reading and learning and trying to offer my help now and then, it's amazing! I actually thought it was only me who couldn't get in for the last few days. I had a fleeting flash of " oh no, what did I do!" Glad it's back up and running.

thank you Liss

Budget101 Guru
    Currently, Arizona,USA- soon to be Davao, Philippines
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL !!! I did for a second, as well.

I love this site because it unites a lot of us men and women to the fugal lifestyle, and think like I do. I love to see others Ideas, too.
    Terra , Wife to Kevin, Mom to Cassidy (12) and Ciara (2)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast