Received a free cookie from kashi? throw it away!

Received a free cookie from kashi? throw it away!

If you have not seen our Recalls forum, here is a public notice: Received an Email from Kashi:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Received a free cookie from kashi? throw it away!

If you have not seen our Recalls forum, here is a public notice:

Received an Email from Kashi:

Here at Kashi, we consider our consumers family. That’s why we’re taking a proactive position on the peanut product recall and recommending the following steps to protect your health and that of your families. Since you received a Kashi™ TLC® Oatmeal Dark Chocolate cookie sample in the mail last year, we want to be sure you have the most updated information.
    No doubt you have heard of all of the recalls involving peanut products from Peanut Corporation of America. Initially, our products were not involved, as only peanut butter and peanut paste were recalled—ingredients that we do not use in our products.
    As Peanut Corporation expanded their recall to include additional peanut ingredients, we learned that the facility that bakes our TLC cookies used the recalled peanuts in products produced on the same line as our Oatmeal Dark Chocolate cookie. Therefore, we have voluntarily recalled all of our Kashi TLC cookies, including the cookie sent to you. If you still have the cookie, please throw it out just to be safe; we would never want to put our consumers’ health at risk.
    Also included in this recall are:
    • Kashi® TLC® Chewy Granola Bars in Trail Mix and Honey Almond Flax varieties, 7.4-ounce box with a "Best If Used Before" date prior to September 19, 2009 and followed by the letters CD (SEP 19 2009 CD)

• Kashi® TLC® Chewy Granola Bars Peanut Peanut Butter, 7.4-ounce box with a "Best If Used Before" date prior to August 8, 2009 and followed by the letters CD (AUG 08 2009 CD)
    • Kashi™ TLC® Chewy Cookies in Oatmeal Dark Chocolate, Happy Trail Mix and Oatmeal Raisin Flax varieties only, 8.5-ounce box with a "Best If Used Before" date prior to July 30, 2009
    If you have purchased boxes of any of these products, you should throw them out and call us at 877-701-5868 for a refund. For more information, visit us at Kashi - Peanut Butter Recall
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Received a free cookie from kashi? throw it away!

That’s why we’re taking a proactive position on the peanut product recall and recommending the following steps to protect your health and that of your families.
    Well I ate mine about 3 weeks ago. It's a shame the way this has affected the peanut products.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Me too, what a shame.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I ate mine and bought more without getting sick. None of us became ill.
    What nursing shortage??

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just tossed about 10 Kashi products. ~pout~

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My hubby ate mine....he's doing fine
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ate the cookie and several boxes of their kashi bars now on recall and I'm still alive & well. Who knows how long that plant was operating under unsafe conditions. I think all these companies doing recalls are being overly cautious.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

After the HUGE cat and dog food problem last year, it's no wonder they figure its better safe than sorry. The cat owners who lost their pets or had them suffer from the contamination had said at the time "What if it had been ingredients in human food?"

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast