Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What are your creative ways of saving money??

I love to find creative ways to save money, especially with everyday items and chores. A few ways that I love to save are:

Add water to beverages to “stretch” them out. If you make orange juice from frozen concentrate, for example, add an extra half to full can of water during preparation. Serve juices and sodas with lots of ice.

Share bulk food items with others. I share with Melissa Many people do not need a case of tuna fish or a ten-pound bag of carrots, but sharing a bulk purchase with one or two other people can give all of you just the right amount and save you money. Discuss this idea with close friends or relatives.

Review your snack consumption. Are you a popcorn fan? Pop your own and save big over ready-popped corn. Do you buy single serving sizes of chips, and so on? Buy a big bag or make your own from regular potatoes or even sweet potatoes and package them in reusable plastic containers, perfect for lunch boxes, the car, and the office.

Brew your own coffee or espresso at home and bring it with you in the morning in a travel mug. Best yet, if you work in an office - FREE coffee!!! Wait til you get to work and drink all you want

Buy day-old bakery items. Fresh items are a day old the day after you buy them, right? You can save big on many day-old baked goods, and if you buy several you can freeze them.

Air dry your clothes. Clotheslines are making a comeback. Join the movement. At the very least, you can air dry the clothes most of the way and then toss them into the dryer for 10 minutes to freshen and fluff them.

Air dry your clothes. Clotheslines are making a comeback. Join the movement. At the very least, you can air dry the clothes most of the way and then toss them into the dryer for 10 minutes to freshen and fluff them.

I Reuse the large, tear-resistant envelopes used by the US post office and the other package carriers. These turn inside-out easily to reveal clean surfaces for addressing.

Any tips you can add or suggest to help?? All ideas would be treasured!!

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What are your creative ways of saving money??

I'll make a thing of juice and add some to an icecube tray, when I'm out of the juice I'll use the flavored ice in cups of water.

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

I reuse my ziplock bags, wash them and air dry.

I also line dry my clothes and wash most of them by hand also.

I make a pot of regular coffee then add 1 or 2 scoops to the previous grounds to make the next pot.

Rather then drinking pop at work, I have 2 old pop bottles, make Iced Tea or Koolade and pour them into the bottles.

I have also started watering down juice, keep forgetting to do the milk.

During the weekend, when I smoke cigarettes, I only smoke 1/2 at a time, and but it to smoke later. 1/2 the time you let them burn in the ashtray anyway. Hopefully this will end soon, when I quit 100%.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The coffe grounds idea is great for when I am making coffee at home!! Thanks JKP!! I also make the ice cubes from Koolaid and they are a treat for later!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have some great ideas here, I just don't know if I could go to the extreme of air drying my clothes. Plus I don't have any room to hang them.
    “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Baggz1971 View Post
    You have some great ideas here, I just don't know if I could go to the extreme of air drying my clothes. Plus I don't have any room to hang them.
    I hang mine on the shower curtain rod (winter months live in MN) once everyones done with their daily showers, normally dry by the next morning. If you have to take a shower, just push them to the back or front, they will be fine (*** I notice when you hang dry things, you do not have to do much ironing) and outside during the summer.
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

In the winter, I keep the laundry room door open while the dryer is running. Adds heat to the upstairs, thermostat usually goes up 2 degrees within 20-30 minutes of the dryer running.
    Cathie, Homeschool Mom in TN

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

We are lucky enough to have two tree positioned in a good spot so that we stung a cloths line between them and the sun hits them just right in the winter and summer. In about an hour my cloths are dry!! I love the smell of fresh air dried cloths too!!!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast