Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default does any one have a cure for psoriasis?

i have a 6 year old boy that has had trouble since he was 6 months old. i have had him on every steroid cream available and i noticed his skin was never any better and it was looking like an old man's skin. i stopped all drug and went to gold bond healing lotion. this helps and he doesnt have the horrible itching but he is still red and rough.

does any body have any other ideas? TIA

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bethaliz6894 For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: does any one have a cure for psoriasis?

I feel for you and understand some of what you are going through. I have a 13 year old with eczema since he was 2 months old. I know they are some related but yet different. We tried the steriods to when he was around 6. Nothing seemed to work well. He is starting to get better but his hands still get bad cracks during the winter.

I hope someone has some idea of something that will work for you.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy oh boy, I wish I had an answer for you... Myself and my hubby both have eczema, and psoriasis. Hubby's Dr. prescribed a very stout cream, and it only made it worse. His poor hand ( its only one.. strange), breaks out in small to medium sized water blisters, then peels, and leaves his hand sore and cracked. I was born with eczema, and it gets so bad in the winter. The joint areas on my right hand split open and bleed. It doesn't make it any better that I am diabetic. If you find a cure, or even some way to calm it down, I would love to know. Thanks. I wish you luck. Poor little guy.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

My dh has been battling psoriasis for approx 20 years now. When we first met...it was really really awful...his legs were both covered, elbows, stomach, and behind his ears. I started making my own soaps (I have soap allergies to a lot of store purchased soaps) ~~ and I can honestly say that his psoriasis has cleared up by 60-70%. My theory is the fact that my homemade soaps have natural glycerine...whereas your store purchased soaps have a lot of added extra ingredients (and yes...I do use fragrance in my soaps). My ds has a dry patch on his back....I use a little olive oil after his bath...while he is still wet...then dry off.
    I'm not telling you to make your own soaps....but perhaps purchasing homemade soaps or natural soaps 'may' help.
    A $$ saving tip when using homemade soaps...take a bar of soap and cut it in half or thirds.....make sure that it is allowed to totally dry between uses....and it will last (what seems like) forever!
    I sure hope this helps.

Denise
    Upstate NY

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have psoriasis on my hands and feet that started last June. After several Dr. visits, I am currently on psoriatane, and 2 different gels. They have lessened the problem, but it is still pretty bad and doesn't ever completely go a way. I wish I had a solution for you as it is driving me crazy as well.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My mother has psoriasis on her head. She has been batteling this for years. She went to doctors, but nothing they gave her helped. She started going to a all natural store, she uses a shampoo that they carry. Don't know the name of it, but they recommended it to her, and it does help with the itching. But never completely gets rid of it. I don't know that there is a cure for this. But might find something at an all natural store to help. Plus the idea of homemade soaps would help.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just diagnosed with psoriasis on my scalp. Doc gave me a steriod cream that seems to be working.

I'm assuming allergies have been ruled out with the child? Hubby had severe eczema as a baby. Had to have soy milk. He later developed asthma-all connected.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

my bf got this for a long time on his face. Huge red patches and he was very uncomfortable. we did alot of research online for at-home remedies, and one that alot of people seemed to recommend was dandruff shampoo. i dont know how long it took but his went completely away. it says online that it can come back at any time but for now that is what worked. i know we also found some recipes for making pastes but i am not sure what the ingredients are for those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast