Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What does Frugal Living mean to you???

When most people think of frugal living, they think it means being miserable, or giving up what they want. In my opinion this is all wrong. Frugality is simply the practice of choosing less expensive alternatives. When you buy things for less, what do you get? You get more money left over to buy more of what you want! Frugality doesn't mean being a scrooge or living without comfort. Frugality has to start with the big things, and if it never gets down to the small items, you'll still be further ahead financially than most people.

What does it mean to you??

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Currently, Arizona,USA- soon to be Davao, Philippines
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What does Frugal Living mean to you???

to me, Frugality is a lifestyle...
    Its about changing the way we buy things, we eat, we plan, we pay bills.... I could go on and on.
    Terra , Wife to Kevin, Mom to Cassidy (12) and Ciara (2)

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

For me it means living within my means without depriving myself of anything that is important in day to day life. Being frugal is not depriving oneself. It is the achieving the same thing you had but in a less wasteful way.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not being wasteful with anything, wheather it be money or leftovers. Not needing a big dollar item when a cheaper version will serve the purpose and make me just as happy. Not living just payday to payday but being able to put up some money for those unexpected expenses that come up periodically. Less stress. Pride in knowing I'm being a good steward of what God has entrusted me with.
    Niddi

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

To me it means that just because I have $1 in my pocket I don't have to run out & spend it. There is very little I need that I can't make for myself or find in a thrift store. ie: I have a 6 qt. crockpot I got as a gift when crockpots first came out (in the 60's). It's big, heavy and the crock does not come out. It still works great. While a new one with all the bells and whistles would be nice, I don't NEED it. Therefore the $1 gets to stay in my pocket for something I really do need - like TP!!!

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Living frugal to me means living below my means. There is a thrill for me to see just how inexpensive I can get something, the less the more I treasure that item-goofy I know. That first freebie sample I got-the roll of Scott Toilet paper, have to confess, I still have it, it sits on the back of the toilet (noone can touch it) it is my reminder that I do not have to pay full price for anything anymore.

It is going to the store needing $100 worth of supplies and coming home with everything plus money left over. It means that when that unexpected comes up I am able to face it head on knowing that I can afford to take care of it.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

• Not keeping up with the Joneses
    • Living within my means
    • Living your best life while spending less
    • Preferring to Shop at Thrift Stores, Craigslist and Freecycle
    • Never paying full price for a book
    • Doing more with less
    • Wasting less
    • Eating whole foods from scratch instead of processed fast food meals
    • Saving "extra" money instead of spending splurges

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am so excited reading what everyone has written, I continue to live frugal and I enjoy it!!! Just knowing there are so many others out there inspires me!!!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast