Proof your pets are smart or vice versa

I've found my ferret has given me reason to believe that not only is she intelligent but a little bit more human-like than most of my last pets. 1. She returns to her cage to go in her own bed when she's tired. 2. She moved one of the rags I gave her so she doesn't have to touch the cold

bowl, bring, cats, day, days, dish, funny, game, hat, hey, list, night, pets, proof, quick, smart, teaching, things, trac, treat, cage, shes, ferret, back, punish, tale, shell, tattle, front, trouble, teach, guys, average, smarter, that-, hide, ferrets, corner, bathroom, intelligent, human-like, versa, vice, found, reason, returns, eats, bottom, cold, oddly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Proof your pets are smart or vice versa

I've found my ferret has given me reason to believe that not only is she intelligent but a little bit more human-like than most of my last pets.

1. She returns to her cage to go in her own bed when she's tired.
    2. She moved one of the rags I gave her so she doesn't have to touch the cold bottom of her cage when she eats.
    3. She's oddly well behaved for a ferret. Doesn't bite/nip/scratch. Doesn't steal stuff to hide either.
    4. She's a bit of a tattle tale. She'll set the cat up to get the cat in trouble in front of me then look at me like "punish the cat. NOW"
    5. She will go back to her own cage for bathroom. I didn't teach her that- and ferrets usually just look for the best corner rather than go all the way back to a cage

What about you guys? How are your pets smarter than the average pet? Or otherwise?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tarrien For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Proof your pets are smart or vice versa

my kitty crawls under the blanket when she's cold. and the other one gets me up at 6am by scratching on the mirror/sliding door and won't stop till im up or really angry. both cry every night for dinner at exactly 8pm. not sure how else.

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Even though I have moved my cat's canned food a couple of different times she seems to know the exact location and every morning is meowing to get it. She can also be in a closet and hear someone pull in the drive and runs to sit in the front window then will be right at the door as soon as it opens to say hello

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

stars- Not many pets actually use blankets so she's a pretty smart cat~ I've noticed I can tell time pretty well by sun lighting, maybe your cats are using the same method ;3

Wilbe- And her food's in a can? Wow, the cats here can't find their container of food so they annoy us until we give it to them. So is part of the reason she knows people are there timing or is it just being able to hear or predict?

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Her food is in a can, have some dry in a bucket and when her dish gets low she will go to the bucket and meow until I get her more. With knowing people are at the front door, that has got to be hearing, people come and go and different times but don't think about getting between her and the window or door when someone does come over, she will run over you.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not so sure about the intelligence of our largest furball. The cat has run himself into a solid door hard enough to knock himself out, got up a little woozily, then did it again. A one time deal, I could see, but this has happened five-six times in the eight years we've had him. He's also terrified of the ratlings.

The rats play ring-around-the-cage at various hours of the day and night, squabble over treats when I've given each of them the exact same thing, and generally pound on each other whenever I'm not in there to referee. I had to separate one the other week (he had a stroke), and despite the fact we're pretty sure he can't see now, he's figured out the exact layout of his new cage and throws a fit when anything's moved before he puts it right back.

I could also get into the husband and pre-teen boy child, but I think ya'll get the idea.
    We all have the extraordinary coded within us, waiting to be released.

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I could also get into the husband and pre-teen boy child, but I think ya'll get the idea.
    Tell me are they trained yet? If so will you come train mine for me. I swear it goes in one ear and right out the other side if it even managed to make it in the ear in the first place!

How funny, a cat afraid of a rat. That just defies nature.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

My cat, Precious, has to go with me to the bathroom almost everytime I go. She jumps up on the bathroom sink, meows and turns her head toward the sink faucet until I turn it on and then she drinks water from it. She also knows when I am sick/not feeling well and will lay beside me in the bed and not leave unless she absolutely has to. She crawls under the covers with me also when it is cool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast