Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question What Are Your Favorite (Best Deal) Items To Buy In Bulk

I thought it would be fun if we all talked about what are favorite bulk buys are !!!

We can talk about how we break them up to make them more usable for everyday life.

That way we can all get ideas from each other.

Item I Buy In Bulk

1. Milk (I freeze the extra)

2. Butter (I also freeze the extra in this)

3. Margarine (It takes forever for it to go bad so I just put in in the fridge)

4. Cheese (I freeze the extra)

5. Pretzels (I put the extra in plastic containers although I may start making these homemade I found a new recipe)

6. Toilet Paper (I put the extra in the coat closet that we never use)

7. Zip-lock Bags (I put the extras in the same coat closet)

8. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (I buy it by the case at Sam's which saves me even MORE $$$) (I break it up into meal size portions then vacuum seal and freeze) (We just recently got a deep freeze after a very long time saving so we are still trying to fill it up)

9. Chicken Leg Quarters (I also buy these by the case at Sam's) (See both of these are cheaper when you buy them at Sam's than at the regular grocery store prices and when you buy them by the case it's usually about 30 cents cheaper on the pound !!!!) (The cases usually have about 40 pounds) (So I am saving 70 cents on the pound compared to the grocery store)

10. All Purpose Flour in 50 pound Bag (We bought & labeled 5 gallon buckets with lids to put the extra in)

11. Bread Flour 50 pound bag (The extra goes in another 5 gallon bucket with lid)

12. Rice 50 pound bag (the extra goes in another 5 gallon bucket with lid)

13. Sugar 50 pound bag (the extra goes in another 5 gallon bucket with lid)

14. Whole Kernel Popcorn 50 Pound Bag (we bought a popcorn bowl from target which pops it in the microwave with or without oil it was only $8.00) (the extra goes in another 5 gallon bucket with lid)

15. Dry Active Yeast (The extra goes in a plastic container in the fridge)

16. Mayo (it just all goes in the fridge)

17. Gallon Size Cans Of Vegetables (I put the extra in vac seal bags)

18. Bullion (I just keep it all in the cabinet)

19. All My Spices (I just keep it all in the cabinet)

20. Baking Soda (I put the extra in a old ice cream bucket that I washed out) (I use those buckets for EVERYTHING !!!)

21. Cocoa Powder (I put the extra in another old ice cream bucket that I washed out)

22. Brown Sugar (I put the extra in another old ice cream bucket that I washed out)

23. Splenda (I put the extra in another old ice cream bucket that I washed out)

24. Corn Starch (I put the extra in another old ice cream bucket that I washed out)

25. Baking Powder (I put the extra in another old ice cream bucket that I washed out)

26. Powdered Sugar (I Put the extra in another old ice cream bucket that I washed out)

27.Cornmeal (I Put the extra in another old ice cream bucket that I washed out)

28. Grits (I put the extra in another old ice cream bucket that I washed out)

29. Hershey's Syrup (I put the extra in the coat closet)

30. Cooking Oil (I just put it in the pantry)

31.Vanilla Extraxt (I just put it in the cabinet)

32.Gatorade Powder (I just keep the extra in the tin it comes in)

33. Hubby's Replacement Razor Heads (I put the extra ones in a container that stays under the sink) (These last him all year !!!)

35. Tea Bags (I put the extra in a tin I keep on the kitchen counter this also keeps them fresh)

36. Son's Flintstone Vitamin's (I just put them in the medicine cabinet)

37. All Supplement's & Vitamin's (I put them in the medicine cabinet in the extra bathroom that we don't ever use)

39. Gallon Jars Of Pickles (We eat a lot of pickles so I have no problem with places to store them)

40. Powdered Milk (I put the extra in an old ice cream bucket i Washed Out)

41. Shortening (I just keep it in the tin it comes in)

42. Lemon Juice (I put the extra in the coat closet)

43. Parmesan Cheese (I just put it all in the fridge)

44. Instant Potatoes (I put the extra in another old ice cream bucket I washed out)

45. Dried Bean/Peas (I put the extra in another old ice cream bucket that I washed out)

I learned something from this !!!
    WOW I HAVE A LOT OF OLD ICE CREAM BUCKETS !!!!!!

I hope y'all will share what you buy in bulk !!!

Thanks

Mandy
    Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD. Psalm 127:3
    There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.
    Exodus 23:26

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to incheck4real For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What Are Your Favorite (Best Deal) Items To Buy In Bulk

WHOA! That's amazing! Where do you put it all???

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow! I'm doing good if I buy multiple packages to store away. I just would have room for 50lb bags of anything. I'm really impressed! I'm sure you save alot by doing this. Maybe I'll look in the garage and see where I might be able to store some. I always see the large bags of flour and the like at sam's club but I never really thought of how much I would save if I could store it. now that I'm using the bread machine more I am going through alot of flour. I do buy my yeast at sams club, it's a great deal! Thanks for sharing.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not keen on the quality of milk and cheese after it has been frozen then thawed, other than that, I agree with this list and do most of the same myself.

One of the first things we bought when we got married was a 21 cubic foot freezer. It lets us take advantage of good meat sales and other loss leader items - the best part is that it is most efficient when full, so I am always trying to make sure I am taking advantage of sales when they come up.

For example, loss leader turkeys at Thanksgiving - this year I bought three - a 14 pound turkey for $4 is the best per pound deal you will ever get.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I put it all in a large laundry closet as well as the coat closet that I mentioned. If I buy a lot of extras I put them in the batroom that we don't use. See I just have container in the kitchen like old ice cream buckets that I fill up from the big containers that I keep in the other areas !!! That way it's easily accessable AND I SAVE BIG AT THE STORE ~!!!!!
    There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

How did so many ice cream buckets come into your possession? Do you know someone that works in an ice cream shop?

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ummmm......{Blushes) We eat A LOT of ice cream !!!! LOL
    AND to our defense we have been collecting these for 5 years sooo it's not as bad.....I Guess LOL !!!!!!

I also wanted to ask you Longtimgeek
    Have you ever ground your turkey meat ???
    I also ALWAYS buy the Thanksgiving turkeys when they are on sale.. We are saving up to buy them this year so we can buy more. Have you ever ground your meat ??? I have heard that it will work and hubby and I are considering buying a grinder but I wanted to speak to someone who has done it before.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

1. Ricemilk since it keeps for a long time until you open it
    2. Green grapes.

But yeah, you have quite the list, I'm sure if I wasn't so loose with money I would stock up more foods than this

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast