Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Crescent Hearts
02-03-2009, 12:39 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
3 tablespoons red sugar
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Sprinkle cutting board with half of sugar.
2. If using crescent rolls: On sugar-sprinkled board, unroll dough and separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Lightly press dough into sugar. If using dough sheet: On sugar-sprinkled board, unroll dough and cut into 4 rectangles. Lightly press dough into sugar.
3. Brush rectangles with 1 tablespoon of the butter; sprinkle with remaining half of sugar. Place 1 rectangle on top of another. Starting with both of the shortest sides, roll up each side until rolls meet in center. Repeat with remaining 2 rectangles. Refrigerate dough rolls about 30 minutes or until dough is firm.
4. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices, forming a total of 16 slices. Place slices, cut side down, 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Pinch bottom edge of each slice to form a heart shape. Brush with remaining tablespoon butter.
5. Bake 9 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. If necessary, gently reroll cookies. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 10 to 15 minutes.