Results 1 to 2 of 2
02-03-2009, 12:38 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
Crescent Heart-Topped Lasagna Casserole
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
1 jar (28 oz) tomato pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups water
3 cups uncooked mini lasagna (mafalda) noodles (6 oz)
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 box (9 oz) Green Giant® frozen cut broccoli, slightly thawed
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (4 oz)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is browned and thoroughly cooked. Add tomato pasta sauce and water; mix well. Heat to boiling. Add noodles; return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese and broccoli.
3. Spoon about half of beef mixture into ungreased 12x8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon and slightly spread ricotta cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend and Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining beef mixture.
4. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
5. Form 2 stacked rectangles by placing 1 rectangle on top of another. Starting with both short sides of each rectangle, roll up sides so rolls meet in center. Cut each roll into 6 slices. Pinch bottom edge of each slice to form heart shape. Place over warm beef mixture. Brush hearts with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until hearts are deep golden brown.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Increase water to 2 cups. Cook pasta 15 to 18 minutes. Use 13x9-inch baking dish.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:
02-08-2016, 10:08 AM #2