Thread: bigamist?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default bigamist?

i need help! i was married october 5, 1985. we seperated in jan. 1987. in trying to find him, i found members of my wedding party. i was told that our marriage was never leagle! he was married twice before me and not divorced from the first. in my search i've found that he's marrying #5. or already has! i contacted the court and sherrif's office and no one knows what to do!!! we were married in pasadena texas. i now live in new hampshire and found he lives in utah. anyone know what i should do or who to contact? i'm now wondering about my last name! it has been his all these years!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cyndisctrr For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fire Re: bigamist?

Quote Originally Posted by cyndisctrr View Post
    we were married in pasadena texas. i now live in new hampshire and found he lives in utah. anyone know what i should do or who to contact? i'm now wondering about my last name! it has been his all these years!
    Contact the District Attorney's office in Pasedena Texas where you were married, as that is where the crime was committed. Btw, Bigamy is a 3rd degree FELONY in Tx.

Luckily, Ever state that you mention, NH, Utah & TX all treat bigamy as a Felony.

I know I am married to a bigamist, what should I do?

If you know you are married to a bigamist, go to the police immediately. Also retain an attorney quickly to represent you in your annulment. If you have proof you are married to a bigamist, take both marriage licenses with you to the police, this will help speed the complaint process.

What if I am not sure my spouse is a bigamist?
    If you are not sure, contact the previous spouse. Chances are he or she will be willing to help you. If the previous spouse is not willing to cooperate, try to secure the marriage license and look for the divorce decree or ask the police to contact the previous spouse.

Marriage licenses and divorce decrees are difficult to obtain because every state has different regulations and there is NO centralized database in the United States of marriage records.

Lovefraud - Great site to help check out marriage licenses

Fight Bigamy
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: bigamist?

thanks, am gonna check it out. also didn't know it was a felony!! in my search of marriage licences, i found ours and directly under was his licence with #4 wife.(at least i think she's #4).

Budget101 Guru
    Currently, Arizona,USA- soon to be Davao, Philippines
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: bigamist?

I hope it all works out for you.
    Terra , Wife to Kevin, Mom to Cassidy (12) and Ciara (2)