Bone-in Chicken Thighs

Recipes needed for bone-in chicken thighs. My neighbor just brought me 12 dozen thighs. I need some cheap and easy recipes so we don't get sick of them. Thanks in advance. Debbie

bake, bone, bread, cake, chicken, clear, cookie, cover, high, ingredients, juices, mix, oil, oven, pan, parmesan, run, sheet, small, thigh, Chicken, thighs, bone-in, recipes, easy, sick, advance, debbie, neighbor, needed, brought, dozen, cheap

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bone-in Chicken Thighs

Recipes needed for bone-in chicken thighs. My neighbor just brought me 12 dozen thighs. I need some cheap and easy recipes so we don't get sick of them. Thanks in advance.

Debbie

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dyankee1995 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bone-in Chicken Thighs

12 dozen thighs! That's incredible!

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I have a great neighbor! He works for a food distribution company and shares with us quite a bit. Some restaurants can't accept food if it isn't labeled correctly or some other reason. This is just the latest and now I have a freezer stuffed full of chicken thighs.

Budget101 Guru
    Currently, Arizona,USA- soon to be Davao, Philippines
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

ingredients:

italian bread crumbs and parmesan Cheese
    egg

beat egg in 1 bowl
    place 1/2 to 1/2 ratio of the bread crumbs and parm cheese mixture (enough to cover chicken)

dip chicken thighs in egg mixture and coat with the bread crumb/cheese mix

place in cake pan or lined cookie sheet (with sides)
    drizzle with oil (small amount) and place in oven. Bake at 350* until its done. (about 45 mins to 60 mins.- or until juices run clear)
    Terra , Wife to Kevin, Mom to Cassidy (12) and Ciara (2)

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dyankee1995 View Post
    Yes, I have a great neighbor! He works for a food distribution company and shares with us quite a bit. Some restaurants can't accept food if it isn't labeled correctly or some other reason. This is just the latest and now I have a freezer stuffed full of chicken thighs.

How wonderful!

Oh you can also boil some of the thighs with some bullion,chopped garlic, mushrooms, carrots and celery and a bayleaf.

Once cooked you can pull out the chicken, debone it, add it to the pot again, with the veggies.

cook egg noodles in a separate pot and either add to the broth mixture when done, or serve it over the noodles for a homemade chicken soup.

Alternative: once you add the chicken back to the veggies, you can thicken it with flour or cornstarch and serve the stew with biscuits or rolls.

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can substitute chicken in just about any recipe - tacos, soups, stews, chili, casseroles, sandwiches etc. Use it in place of tune in recipes. Not so long ago the stores around here would run sales on leg quarters - 10 lb. bags for .19 a lb. By the time you removed the bones & skin you had about 8 lbs, of chicken for 1.90. We ate a lot of chicken and never got burnt out!!!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

We don't care much for thighs but discovered it made the greatest Chicken Noodle Soup in the world and hence was great for broth! Put them into a pot of water with carrot, celery, onion and bay leaf. Simmer for a couple hours and then pick the meat off the bones and bag it up into sandwich bags. (Save the veggies and chop up and freeze for when you make Chicken soup!) Pour the broth into containers and freeze. You can use the broth for soup or any recipe needing chicken broth. Add the meat into the soup or into any recipe needing cooked chicken. We roll it up with cheese into croissant rolls for cheesy Chicken croissant dinner. Use it to make chicken Enchilada pie. Use it to make Chicken egg rolls. There are tons of recipes you could use it in! We chop the chicken up and put it into sandwich bags so we have about 1 cup per bag. Great to pull from the freezer what you need and already to use! Oh you lucky girl!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by brchbell View Post
    We roll it up with cheese into croissant rolls for cheesy Chicken croissant dinner.
    That sounds delicious.