I need quick breakfast recipes please!

I need quick breakfast recipes please!

Hi! I'm looking for some good breakfast recipes. School breakfast is not very healthy and is higher in price than a lunch. The myo oatmeal was good but my kids are getting tired of oatmeal. Something quick or could be prepared the night before would be nice. Thanks!!! :119:

ahead, breakfast, burritos, button, days, hat, home, inexpensive, information, make, meals, muffins, nutritional, page, quick, recipes, resources, sandwiches, serve, space, oatmeal, good, tired, kids, night, prepared, nice, school, lunch, price, healthy, higher

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face I need quick breakfast recipes please!

Hi! I'm looking for some good breakfast recipes. School breakfast is not very healthy and is higher in price than a lunch. The myo oatmeal was good but my kids are getting tired of oatmeal. Something quick or could be prepared the night before would be nice. Thanks!!!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MJC1976 For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I need quick breakfast recipes please!

there are a gazillion recipes here for breakfasts for any tastes. some are make and freeze ahead, others are for amounts that would serve several days or could be frozen for future use. use the resources here, dear go to the top of the home page and look for the search button. click it. then in the empty space, enter some information like, muffins or burritos or breakfast sandwiches and then click okay. you'll be provided with a ton of nutritional -- and inexpensive -- meals!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a website dedicated solely to Breakfast recipes. Enjoy!

Mr. Breakfast.com

And here's some simple recipes from RecipeZaar:

Simple Breakfast Recipes
    Last edited by mcnerd; 01-29-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like to make a batch of mini pancakes and freeze them. The kids just pull out a few and nuke them in the microwave.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've done waffles and frozen them. One of the nice things is that we put ours in the toaster and they get crispy, but still soft on the inside.

Also, we have plain grits from our local farmer's market. I can cook a large batch and flavor each bowl. I have also heard of grit cakes, but I have no idea how to make them.

Shannon

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check tasteofhome.com
    I have used their recipes and my kids like them. Making ahead works well for us. I can cook a whole pack of sausage and nuke as we go along to go with frozen pancakes or waffles etc. Smoothes with theoveripe produce work well too.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's one for you. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I'm going to try it some time real soon! I think I may have found it on this site, but I'm not sure.

Breakfast Tortillas

12 Tortilla shells
    1 dozen Eggs
    2 potatoes cube into small squares
    Breakfast Meat (package of bacon, sausage, 1/2 pound of ham cubed etc)
    2 Green Peppers Diced
    1 onion diced
    2 Cups Shredded cheese

Scramble the eggs, cook the potatoes, and the breakfast meat separately. You may sauté the onions and green peppers with the potatoes. Place all the ingredients except cheese and tortillas in a large mixing bowl, and mix together, OR you can simply add a bit of each one to the tortilla shell. Add the cheese on top, and then wrap the shell up burrito style. Wrap each one in plastic wrap then place them all in an airtight container, or Ziploc baggie and freeze. To reheat loosen the plastic wrap around the burrito, just enough so that it can get air, but leave the burrito wrapped, microwave for approximately 3 minutes, remove plastic wrap and serve with mild salsa.
    I am SO looking forward to "empty-nest syndrome"!

south bend IN cat lady
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can make french toast ahead of time. I put mine in the freezer and refry or pop them in the toaster.

Also I am not sure about healthy but its a faverite.

1 lb sasage cooked. Add 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese and pepper. cream togather.add mixture to fridgerater cressent rolls and bake till crispy. let cool and eat. They are a bit like biscuits and gravey in a role.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast