Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers Needed

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Prayers Needed

Last night, we noticed a growth on Lucky's leg. It just seemed to have literally "popped up". I was thinking that it was maybe just a cyst or some type of other minor injury. No such luck. Took Lucky to the vet today.

I don't remember the full details, the vet is printing off some info for me, but she has a type of cancer. It's fast spreading and aggressive which is why we didn't notice it at first and it just popped up. We're scheduling surgery on Monday to have the mass removed and sent to pathology. She's still at the vet getting xrays and bloodwork.

I'm not a very religious person but I can't loose this dog. I know she's going to die sooner or later but I would rather have later than sooner. Lucky is like my daughter and definately my best friend. My own spiritual beliefs is that death is a time for celebration since that creature "passed" her lifetime tests and can continue on to something bigger. I'm just not ready for her to "pass" and continue. I'm asking for everyone who reads this to say a little prayer or keep her in your thoughts. Just something to give her an "extra push". I know some people would be like..."well, she's just a dog. Put her to sleep instead of spending that much money on her?" Well, she's NOT just a dog. Not to me. Thanks.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mmclean11 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Prayers Needed

Hi.. ill be thinking of you and your family. Your post was so touching i couldnt finish reading it. I dont want to get too emotional here at work! I deeply know how important pets are to us and I lost my 17 year old beagle this summer that I had had since kindergarden (you can do the math to find my age lol!) and it is still heartbreaking. And hurts to think about. And i really really do wish you the best with your pet!! Did you see the msn article today about cloning pets? that broke my heart some more because of all the possibilities it opens up, possibilities my heart would love but my mind doesnt. Good luck with everyone, and i will definitely be thinking of you and Lucky.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I said a prayer for you and your dog. My heart aches after reading your beautiful post. I hope your dog will be better very, very soon.
    Blessings to you both. You're dog is very lucky to have you and you to have your dog.
    Lots of hugs~

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will definitely pray for Lucky. - And no, its not stupid. Pets are like part of the family. And God knows how much you love Lucky & I don't think He considers that a stupid prayer. I will pray that God will spare Lucky, but if he chooses not to, I will also pray for you to be able to deal with that. Please let us know when you have more info about little Lucky.

Budget101 Guru
    Currently, Arizona,USA- soon to be Davao, Philippines
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

AWE... Lots and lots of prayers for Lucky... and you. ((hugs))
    Terra , Wife to Kevin, Mom to Cassidy (12) and Ciara (2)

Budget101 Done Digging
    Downloads
    Uploads

Saying a prayer for you and for Lucky. Pets become such a big part of our life and for some are like family members. It's not "just a dog" it's someone who shares your life and is always there for you no matter what.
    Niddi

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My families thoughts and prayers are with you and Lucky.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got the info from the vet and did some more research. She has a mast cell tumor. Best treatment option is surgery to remove the tumor which is scheduled for Monday as stated earlier. There's still a bad side to the surgery. The ideal way to remove the tumor is not only removing the tumor but removing 2-3 cm of surronding tissue all the way around the tumor and beneath the tumor. We can't do that in Lucky's case. It's on her leg where there's very little excess tissue. What we're hoping for right now is that the pathology report comes back saying that the tumor had "clean edges". If it comes back saying that it was "clean", no more treatment should be necessary. If it comes back with "dirty" edges, then the cells have spread and more treatment, chemo or radiation, is going to be needed. Her xrays came back clean except for 1 thing...the liver might be affected as well. Right now, we want to focus on the immediate problem of the tumor. Once we find out about the tumor including what stage she's in, we'll deal with getting more treatment if needed. Don't know for sure if Lucky will be coming home Monday, it all depends on what time she has surgery. I already told the vet that if I can't bring her home, expect me to visit her later that day.

She's going to be so scared. It was heartbreaking when I took her to the vet and she was shaking and wouldn't budge. I had to pick her up to take her back to the exam room and man, did she cling to me. I called my mom and I actually thanked her for not telling me to euthanize Lucky when I told her the news. I'm still keeping that option open unfortunately. It all depends on how the pathology report comes back. I'm not sure if I want to put Lucky through chemo or radiation. We'll cross that bridge when it comes. Just have to focus on the more immediate problem of removing the tumor.

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it and I'm sure Lucky does too. I have a photo album at another website and once I update it with new pics, I'll share the link so you all can see how sweet and adorable my little Lucky is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast