Donít Put That in Your Mouth!- Health & Home Remedies

You already know about the dangers of putting undercooked meat, raw seafood, unwashed produce, and, perhaps most stomach-churning of all, your foot in your mouth. But you should be wary of these things as well:13592 That first cookieÖ. or M&M, or potato chip, or spoonful of ice cream. These are

apricots, bit, common, diet, dip, donít, eat, free, hat, hey, idea, info, jus, knew, love, lunch, mouth, sense, tee, wow, aspirin, liver, thatís, itís, pepper, muffin, promotes, hair, world, lots, tooth, calories, sugar, bite, arteries, chip, women, blood, potato, innocuous, energy, theyíre, digestion, overeating, basket, item, tortilla, chips, level, anymore

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Donít Put That in Your Mouth!

You already know about the dangers of putting undercooked meat, raw seafood, unwashed produce, and, perhaps most stomach-churning of all, your foot in your mouth. But you should be wary of these things as well:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b101-dont-eat-that-sm.jpg 
Views:	13062 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	13592

That first cookieÖ. or M&M, or potato chip, or spoonful of ice cream. These are ďtriggerĒ foods, meaning that if you eat one, youíll probably have trouble stopping and shoot a hole in your diet.

Ice: Itís a crystal and so is tooth enamel. So when you bite down on a cube or chip, something has to crack.

A contact lens: Your saliva is swimming with bacteria, so if you clean or moisten contacts with it, youíre risking conjunctivitis.

A Red Savina habanero chile pepper: Itís the hottest pepper in the world, according to Guinness World Recordsóabout 100 times hotter than a jalapeŮo.

Dried apricots: If you donít chew these thoroughly, they can actually reconstitute in your stomach and block an intestine.

Prime rib: Despite its lean appearance, itís the fattiest type of steak, typically 982 calories and 78 grams of fat per pound. Thatís equivalent to almost two Big Macs.

A toothbrush with lots of paste: Some toothpaste flavors can be so overwhelming that they reduce brush time. Brushing with only a dab promotes better tartar control and gum health.

Aspirin: Thereís an old home remedy that recommends letting an aspirin dissolve next to an aching tooth. Aspirin is an acid, though, so it can eat away at gum tissue, leaving what looks like a cigarette burn.

Liver: This used to be regarded as a nutritious food for women because of its high iron content, but not anymore. Because the liver is an organ that filters blood, all those chemicals and hormones fed to livestock nowadays collect there.

Margarita: Oh, no, say it ainít so! Freeze two kinds of alcohol with lots of sugar and salt, and you have a concoction thatís bad for your heart, arteries, liver, blood sugar, energy level, and digestion. Plus, it promotes overeating (see next item).

Basket of tortilla chips: They may look innocuous (and theyíre free!), but the typical fried serving has about 1,000 calories, of which nearly half are from fat. Order steamed tortillas and dip them instead.

Muffin: Donít let the words ďbranĒ or ďwhole-grainĒ fool you, muffin is just another word for cake.

Hair: If you twirl and bite yours, you could be at risk for developing a bezoar, or intestinal hair ball. Fibrous veggies and fruits, such as celery, potato skins, and pulpy oranges, can add to the problem.

Stuffed-crust pizza: If you eat enough of this, the inside of your arteries will start looking the same way.

Nothing at all: Women who skip meals have more of a tendency to gain weight than those who eat regularly. Thatís because starving makes you more prone to impulse eating. Plus, it gives you bad breath.
    © Can Stock Photo Inc. / dolgachov

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rtebalt For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Donít Put That in Your Mouth!

Basket of tortilla chips: They may look innocuous (and they’re free!), but the typical fried serving has about 1,000 calories, of which nearly half are from fat. Order steamed tortillas and dip them instead.

i never knew that.. i went out to lunch with a girlfriend of mine, and she was talking about her diet, and how she can "eat all the tortilla chips because salsa and chips have like no calories".. man.. i would love to show this to her and tease her now. tee hee
    Ich mŲchte ein eisbšr sein, am kalten polar.... Dan mŁŖte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wšr so klar... Eisbšren mŁssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had no idea about the apricots! Wow, thanks for the info. As for some of the others, they made me chuckle a bit. Very much common sense but I just love how you put it!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is great! I love it!