Uhhh....- Gardening & Landscaping

I got a plant kit from a friend of mine for christmas. And I was all excited and stuff so I followed the directions to plant them and was all happy and kept watering and caring for them... Until I realized I over watered my plants. x.x Only one of the pots sprouted anything. And I have two extra

bee, cans, carrots, center, coffee, eat, flowers, growing, hey, idea, nea, neat, peppers, play, pot, pots, thought, touch, win, winter, plant, seeds, extra, soil, moist, suggestions, putting, work, strawberry, cucumber, stuff, excited, directions, christmas, mine, friend, happy, plants, uhhh, watered, watering, caring, realized, sprouted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Uhhh....

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Uhhh....

I got a plant kit from a friend of mine for christmas. And I was all excited and stuff so I followed the directions to plant them and was all happy and kept watering and caring for them... Until I realized I over watered my plants. x.x Only one of the pots sprouted anything. And I have two extra pots of moist soil... Any suggestions as to what I could plant in there like would putting cucumber seeds or strawberry seeds (like right after you eat them*) work?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tarrien For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Uhhh....

Lettuce is a great pot plant. 1 head will fill the pot and looks lovely. You can pick the leaves off for your salad and let the plant keep growing. I do this in the winter and we get lots of salads off of it. We grow several different kinds and go around and pick a few leaves off each one to make a lovely salad. I grew stuff like kale before and my son would trade the pots off in his lizards cage. She loved it! We traded off between 3 pots so they'd have time to regrow. Parsley, basil, and other herbs grow good in pots also. I've even grown baby carrots in pots when I lived in an apartment. And green onions too! cucumbers are a vine and also real picky about needing very warm temps so not the best thing for a pot. Radishes would work though! Put you finger in the soil mix and don't water until the first inch is dry. Have fun!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have green onions. Will try those.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great info brchbell! I've been wanting to try to grow some things in my apartment, but everything I try dies. I'll have to try again. I'd love to have fresh veggies & herbs!

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like to keep chives growing all the time, I like them better than onions.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I really never thought about growing carrots in a pot.. What a neat idea, I've had about everything else in my growing pots.
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

good news! I put a green onion in one of the pots and its already shooting up

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

i grew cayanne peppers in coffee cans in the winter. when they flowered i would play bee and touch each center of the flowers and had loads of peppers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast